PDA

View Full Version : Argentina - nobody in charge!

ShotOne
10th Dec 2015, 11:27
While former Argentine President Cristina Kirchner spent a lot of time telling the world who she feels ought to rule the Falkland Islands, she's less bothered about who runs Argentina. She left office at midnight so for the last 12 hours there's been nobody in charge. New man Mr Macri due to step in at noon, assuming they resolve a rather petty spat over where the handover ceremony takes place.

Marcantilan
10th Dec 2015, 12:27
Nobody is in charge here, since I was born back in 1975. So no news to comment...

racedo
10th Dec 2015, 13:06
Civil service are working............ there is someone in charge.

Love the idea that somehow the Leader thinks they in charge.

Worked for a business many years ago where it was having a huge reorganisation such that people at head office spent months working it out.

Results at lowest level were never better as people went and did what they were supposed to do without constantly needing management to visit and find out what was happening.
Amazingly as well was that soon as management started getting back involved the results started to sag.

Deskex76
10th Dec 2015, 13:20
I know what you mean, racedo.

Recent casualty myself of just such a re-org by the blind led by those with the jargon and guile but not the understanding - clearly, an area in which I need to improve. Ubdoubtedly it will end in (expensive) tears but 'twas ever this, I suppose.

As you say, though, at least the civil service is still running Argentina...

Pontius Navigator
10th Dec 2015, 13:56
Happened on the Air Weapons Ranges around 2005. HQ element devolved to one flt lt, later A/sqn ldr. Everything worked although there could have been a little more weight when it came to finance.

Then we went purple. The flt lt was then reinforced by a sqn ldr but lost direct control. The gap was filled by several colonels, they never stood still long enough to count but it was around 6 or 7 both regular and RO. There was no significant improvement but T&S more than trippled as annual meetings took place 3 times per year and smaller quarterly meetings were inaugurated. the watch word in the latter was don't bring me problems but solutions, so there was no point as we had already solved the problems.

NutLoose
10th Dec 2015, 14:26
I bet she pinched the stapler, she always struck me as that type of person..:O

WE Branch Fanatic
10th Dec 2015, 20:19
I bet she pinched the stapler, she always struck me as that type of person..

Why - has she run out of money for plastic surgery?

Genstabler
10th Dec 2015, 23:19
I hope the new man can set aside the pointless willy waving over the Falkvinas and steer diplomatic relations between them, us and the islanders into a more friendly, constructive and mutually beneficial state. I like the Argies and have always felt them, as a people, to be honorary Brits. Except for their dubious taste in leaders, but then we can hardly talk, can we!