PDA

View Full Version : Sennheiser Headset Advice

Mhyn3s
7th Dec 2015, 19:39
Evening all, Just after a bit of advice about my recent purchase from Pooleys. I've bought and received a HME112 Sennheiser S1 Passive Headset (504210), however I was disappointed yesterday when I jumped into the R22 only to find the headset is not compatible.

From what I have been told I have the fixed wing variant, so I am now at a cross roads. The two options I have are either to return the headset and purchase one compatible with the R22, or source myself an adaptor.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of this, or is a bit of a technical geek with headsets.

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Cheers

Peter3127
8th Dec 2015, 10:33
Evening all, Just after a bit of advice about my recent purchase from Pooleys. I've bought and received a HME112 Sennheiser S1 Passive Headset (504210), however I was disappointed yesterday when I jumped into the R22 only to find the headset is not compatible.

From what I have been told I have the fixed wing variant, so I am now at a cross roads. The two options I have are either to return the headset and purchase one compatible with the R22, or source myself an adaptor.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of this, or is a bit of a technical geek with headsets.

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Cheers

Get a readily available GA to U174 adaptor. If you are worried about it falling out whack some tape or shrink tube on them.

In any event most Jettys need the GA adaptor so you have best of both worlds. :ok:

Gaseous
8th Dec 2015, 15:47
There are 2 variants of U174 plug. As I recall most if not all the Robbies I ever flew had the US(?) version which has a chrome coloured pin. The Enstrom's here seem to have the UK version which is brass coloured with a pointy end. Not compatible with a robbie.

At least one aircraft I flew didn't follow this rule. Cant remember which.

I've got adapters for both.

Total pain in the arse.

nickp
8th Dec 2015, 17:08
When I was instructing on R22s all the machines had two Peltor helicopter headsets provided by the school. Problems arose if students had their own headsets because they were usually not compatible with the ones on the aircraft even if they had the correct plugs.