PDA

View Full Version : Help me please! i have my JAA CLASS1 and i have heart problem

walidnaceri
5th Dec 2015, 12:22
Hello, after 3 days i have my CLASS 1 JAA medical test for the first time, however i said let's do a heart checkup before i go there and when i did this suddenly my cardiologist wrote that i have:

* Anterior mitral leaflet is slightly redundant and shows mild systolic prolapse. Trivial mitral regurgitation present.

he did for me a TMT and my performance was 97% as I'm 23 years old my heart bit arrived 195/m.

He told me this will not affect for your pilot studies and nothing to worry about because it is normal and if you want to check it again, check it after 4 years, however no need to check it again.

Now I'm worries, will they stop me if they found out about this or what will happen?

Radgirl
6th Dec 2015, 12:53
Hi Walidnaceri

I dont understand some of your data but your ultrasound or echo has shown a very slight laxity of one of the valves.

I am afraid you have to declare this at your medical. I suggest you take as much data as you can, especially the echo report as well as any still photographs printed off. I am afraid we cant say what your regulator might do. I presume you have no symptoms, and in all likelihood you will never need any treatment but regulators dont like abnormalities

Once again this is a warning to others NOT to have any pre tests, dummy runs or 'extra' tests. It is unlikely a class 1 would have picked this up as an echocardiogram is not normally part of the investigations, and I doubt such a minor issue can be heard with a stethescope.

Good luck

Parson
7th Dec 2015, 10:55
Walidnaceri,

As Radgirl says, you will probably be asked to declare any known medical conditions. I am not medically trained, but I would imagine that your Class One will pick this up anyway. Or they will review the test and see if they need to look into it further.

As my AME once said to me - don't go looking for bad news.

Hopefully you will be Ok.

space-shuttle-driver
7th Dec 2015, 18:52
Very likely that all will be OK for Class 1 with your condition. And by that I mean not even any restriction for multi-crew only or requirements for additional tests each year at renewal.
I can't send you a PM, seems that you haven't activated that function.