PDA

View Full Version : Medical Philippines - help!

Northern86
25th Nov 2015, 16:34
<p>Hello everyone.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p> I went down to Gatwick for a medical for Class 1. I noted on the form that I had taken anti-depressants on a few occasions due to situational depression. </p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Due to this I had to go back and see a Psychiatrist. The period between the initial medical and seeing the Psychiatrist was frustratingly 7 weeks due to him being in demand and a long waiting list. </p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Long story short I was issued with a Class 2 medical and told to come back and see him after I have completed my PPL, with regards to a Class 1. Basically he wants to see if I can cope with the pressures of the training. I feel 100% fine and I have not been on medication for a while, but I fully respect his decision and see his point and will do exactly what he has said. I was mortally embarrassed talking about the whole thing and didn’t explain myself well at all. </p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>On a side note if anyone is worried about the medical staff… don’t be, professional, friendly and really willing to help.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p> Here is my next problem! I would like to go and train in the Philippines (massive fan of SE Asia), explained the circumstances to the flight school who are still happy to train me. </p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p> Neither a class 1 or 2 medical issued in the UK is valid in the Philippines. Maybe this shouldn’t come as a shock and I have missed a bit of my due diligence out! But it doesn’t even sound like it could be converted over, just a brand new medical.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p> My worries are, that knowing that they will 99.99% ask me to see a psychiatrist that I might have the same 7 week wait or longer in Manila. The Psychiatrist might turn me down for a class 2 or potentially could pass me for a class 1 if he or she has a different opinion on my case. </p>
<p> So I could be out of pocket nearly £700 for flights and hotel just to come home. Or I could get a class 2 and commence my training. If I was issued with a class 1 and completed my training it wouldn’t exactly be looked upon favourably if I ever turned back up at Gatwick wanting a renewal! But as I have said I am going to follow what the Psychiatrist told me, PPL then back to see him.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p> More thinking out loud than asking a question. Unlikely but has anyone ever been in the same boat? Surely each aviation authority should accept another professional authorities medical findings.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p> I have a flight school very close to me in the uk ( very good fees), but speaking to them some instructors have only been able to do 5 to 7 hours a month in October and November due to weather. I would like to crack on and train, but the weather in the UK is only going to get worse in the coming months. That’s my reason for going abroad.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Sorry for any poor spelling and grammar.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Cheers</p>