PDA

View Full Version : 112 Australian Anzac war graves desecrated in London

NutLoose
25th Nov 2015, 10:49
Words fail me...... :sad:

Grave stones of Anzac soldiers from World War I vandalised in west London - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-24/anzac-graves-desecrated-in-west-london/6967474)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/6967492-3x2-940x627.jpg

TorqueOfTheDevil
25th Nov 2015, 12:57
Shocking and sad. There are some right scrotes in this world...

Wander00
25th Nov 2015, 13:38
Find the bastards and make them lick the stones clean

smujsmith
25th Nov 2015, 14:20
I despair for the lack of social morality in Britain these days. The whole point of of these headstones, and their maintenance is to commemorate both the servicemen, and, our respect and gratefulness to them for their sacrifice. Whoever has done this obviously has no intention of respecting that national intent and so, whoever they are, when caught should be denied access to benefits and welfare of any sort, in acknowledgement of their disrespect for our society. Certainly all costs for the clean up, and the maximum application of the law should ensure the example is set to other k**b heads before they try and copy these trash.

Smudge

Courtney Mil
25th Nov 2015, 15:05
Utter scum. Britain has a real problem. And I agree with Smuj, the FULL force of the law.

minigundiplomat
25th Nov 2015, 15:24
Never mind the full force of the law - that will be a 20 day community order.

Redecorate the local High Street with the faces of those responsible.

Lonewolf_50
25th Nov 2015, 16:31
Find the bastards and make them lick the stones clean
Let the punishment fit the crime.
(Ref G&S, Mikado)

A and C
25th Nov 2015, 16:48
I had already seen this on a Facebook post and the opinions from the military contributors above echoed the opinions of the wider public on Facebook.

Personally I am inclined towards the retribution suggested buy Wander00.

Heathrow Harry
25th Nov 2015, 17:22
idiot kids with nothing else to do...............

Hangarshuffle
25th Nov 2015, 18:26
London's full of graffiti, especially the railways. But this is very different. Different mode entirely. Very bitter and vindictive, or simply done to provoke rage and despair? Political?
What do the signs mean, anyone? Unusual form of individual personal tagging, if that's what it is? Letters reversed for Z, G and J seem prevalent. Unless the original picture was reversed.
Or is it some sort of anti-Australian thing? Anti-war thing?
I wouldn't have thought it beyond the wit of local people or plod to work out who it is, even in west London. Compare and contrast other tags.
1 person did the same marking. Right handed, quite tall. They had to lean slightly down and be strong enough to crack off the top of that stone (Kelly's stone) with a small heavy hammer. Not a little kid's work. Very premeditated, so it wouldn't be like a wandering gang. Not posted on social media as a trophy.

Most graffiti taggers use the same monotonous scribble to mark their own signature as it were.
Analyse the paint, its type and source.
There are loads of clues in the pictures as to who this is.

I sometimes wonder if we employed proper bounty hunters using their brains a bit, going off piste with some crunchy violence and dedicated to one crime at a time like this we would get a better result than the local plod, who to be honest have a bit on their plates.
Go on local cops, impress me and get a collar.

And finally the utter poignancy of the grave on the link. God bless you Australian Gunner Kelly, dying age 39 in a foreign land like mine,you made it so near to seeing peace again. RIP.

Go on London sleuths get on to it.

Rosevidney1
25th Nov 2015, 18:30
Bring back the stocks and let the public see them shamed.

MACH2NUMBER
25th Nov 2015, 19:05
Did we not see similar blue desecrations elsewhere recently, perhaps overseas?

parabellum
25th Nov 2015, 23:43
I see the 'tags' as more of an attempt to cover as much of the stone as possible, (except the Z one at the front), whilst in a hurry, once around the stone and then across the middle, possibly not an experienced spray can user, so more of a political statement than just vandalism?

Whatever the cause, it is a disgrace.

Danny42C
26th Nov 2015, 00:13
When I remember what my generation fought for, this makes me sick at my stomach. That these brave men have died for us and this is what this scum have done in return.

I fear that, in too many cases, we must have thrown away the child and reared the afterbirth.

If, by any chance, one of these miscreants is caught - well, bring back the birch that the Law once had at its disposal and knew how to apply.

Danny42C.

DirtyProp
26th Nov 2015, 07:53
No respect whatsoever for fallen soldiers and their memories.
Sad and sickening.

Wensleydale
26th Nov 2015, 08:01
Perhaps we could just pop them into the crowd the next time that Australia plays rugby against England! Just a thought. (Its cheaper than shipping them to the Colonies).

MOSTAFA
26th Nov 2015, 08:23
The sort of scum that did this has no place in any civilised society. I sincerely hope they are damned to hell for eternity.

It made me think of another generation of young man who gave his live to those that called him a murderer - not friend. This poem was found in a young soldiers pocket who was murdered on the streets of Belfast.

To all my loved ones,

Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there, I do not sleep,

I am a thousand winds that blow,

I am the diamond glints on snow,

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn rain,

When you awaken in the morning's hush,

I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight,

I am the soft stars that shine at night,

Do not stand at my grave and cry,

I am not there. I did not die.

To all the Australians and New Zealanders that are seeing these images I personally apologise because people like me are forced to allow the filth that caused this - is still allowed to walk our streets and not hanging from a gibbet, near by.

TBM-Legend
26th Nov 2015, 08:35
The good book says that the "meek shall inherit the earth", well right now it seems the scumbags are replacing the "meek".

My grandfather and great uncles who fought and died in the Great War would be mortified that they fought for the freedom that created this type of anti-social behaviour and outrage.

26th Nov 2015, 08:45
The British Transport Police have the UK lead on combatting graffiti with an intelligence unit with a full data base of tags and the identities of their "owners". So photos of the tags and any other useful information will be submitted to them and hopefully the perpetrator identified but if not the tags will be kept on file so when someone is arrested they may be matched to previous incidents such as this. Local police boroughs also have good data bases on tags as graffiti "art" is a real issue in some urban areas and has a negative impact on the built environment.

Heathrow Harry
26th Nov 2015, 14:08
this is a case where a reward for information would probably produce the names of the guilty in 5 minutes

Stanwell
26th Nov 2015, 14:55
That was a powerful piece, MOSTAFA.

As an ex-digger myself who actively remembers the fallen, not just on ANZAC Day, but every day, I say thank you for that.

This, though, I feel has been the work of someone of 'arrested development', or unhinged, who was just exercising his 'right' to express himself.

Such is our society that gives these 'freedoms'.

p.s. I wouldn't mind five minutes alone with him in order to 'explain' a couple of things.

Cheers, chaps.

Hangarshuffle
26th Nov 2015, 17:59
I'm for once pretty confident the police will nab this person and bring him to court and conviction. 163627 your post has reassured me a bit. Police must get as fed up as everyone else about it.
Wonder if this story was in the London Metro and the Evening Standard? Someone could know.

Please let it be so.

Wokkafans
26th Nov 2015, 18:27
Looks like they are making progress - a 29-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of criminal damage

Man arrested after First World War Anzac headstones desecrated in west London churchyard | London | News | London Evening Standard (http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/man-arrested-after-first-world-war-anzac-headstones-desecrated-in-west-london-churchyard-a3124026.html)

smujsmith
26th Nov 2015, 18:54
Stanwell,

I would be happy to assist in your "explanation" to the individual who did this. I abhor the type of scum who hold all of our history in such disrespect.

Wokkafans, thanks for that update, let's hope the retard is exposed and duly treated to a large dollop of real justice, not the soft rubbish used in most cases these days. I for one offer my abject apologies and shame that any fellow Briton could have carried out this desecration.

Smudge

Lantern10
26th Nov 2015, 19:29
No respect whatsoever for fallen soldiers and their memories.

No respect for anything whatsoever. A terribly sad reflection of where some levels of society are going. Sometimes it's like we are spinning out of control down a great big hole.

Glad they got the pric*

Cook of Millig
26th Nov 2015, 19:33
I systematically hate these people who have no respect