PDA

View Full Version : Car Accident/Back Problems

CanuckFotoflyer
23rd Nov 2015, 18:10
Hello
Would anyone in the know be able to tell me if a bad car accident and subcequent back problems would be disqualifying as part of an airline interview process?
I interviewed at a Canadian airline before the accident and wonder now if it would take me out of the running in the future. This airline had the usual cog and psycological tests but if I was to make it to the medical portion would the doctor disqualify me based on my history?
Thanks in advance - feel free to PM.

AngioJet
23rd Nov 2015, 19:36
You will need evaluation of your functional status by an AME.

Musculoskeletal problems need not be disqualifying but are subject to a 'fit assessment' which may also include a simulator detail to evaluate the degree (if any) of functional impairment and whether that precludes the safe operation of the aircraft.

Radgirl
24th Nov 2015, 12:32
Sorry, we would need more information. Back problems include anything from an ache with no pathology to quadraplegia on a ventilator. The former doesnt effect your ticket, the latter does!!!

But if you just have pain in the lower back and no known pathology, join most other pilots. As long as you have full power in your legs and can get in the seat, regulators are disinterested. Mind you, employers may well be interested in anything that might cause to to take a 'sickie' and like any employer might choose the candidate without such a risk!!

Good luck