PDA

View Full Version : A3XX Flap Retraction

ahramin
19th Nov 2015, 22:47
Has anyone else heard of a procedure when retracting flaps where from Flap 3 you retract in stages (Flap 2) before going to Flap 1 even though you are above F speed and accelerating? Any documentation on why this would be desirable or appropriate? Everything I have seen from Airbus indicates once above F speed, you retract flaps (Flap 1) regardless of whether you are Flap 2 or 3.

Thank you.

Cirrussy
19th Nov 2015, 23:07
With you on that... F3 to F1 when accelerating and above F speed. I don't think there's anything wrong by bringing it in in stages, but it isn't necessary.

FlightDetent
19th Nov 2015, 23:14
No, and I consider myself a FCOM bookworm, rathter sad.:sad:

F speed is the same for 2 and 3, is it not? So immediately after F3 retraction the conditions for F2 retraction are met.

Of course, for G/A from landing conf 3 one will retract one step (unless ...) and then go 2 > 1 during acceleration. But that is not what you mean I guess.

regards, FD.

compressor stall
20th Nov 2015, 00:18
Might be from an airline that has other types that have to be done that way and for the sake of commonality across dual type rated pilots?

Or from an airline whose CP doesn't understand Airbus procedures and thinks they know better?

JABBARA
20th Nov 2015, 06:48
What about this?

http://www.pprune.org/tech-log/559892-a330-handling-dummies.html#post8946724

(Post no 6)