PDA

View Full Version : BOB has made it to her new home and is finished

NutLoose
4th Nov 2015, 15:56
Now all she needs is a roof over her head.

See

VC10 rebuild is now complete (http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/cosford/whats-going-on/news/vc10-rebuild-is-now-complete/)

WE992
4th Nov 2015, 19:33
I'm so pleased this has come to fruition. I for one was mightily frustrated when the RAF did not fly it in to Cosford as like many others assumed it was a type that played a significant role during its time in RAF service that would not be preserved. Well done to Gary and the team at GJD.

NutLoose
4th Nov 2015, 22:05
I was chatting to the guys at East Mids and looking over the nose of 108, sadly they were offered the whole aircraft but because the tail would have hung over the boundary fence they had to decline and her fate was set.

Jhieminga
5th Nov 2015, 14:43
The tail of '108 would also have penetrated the obstacle surfaces around the runway, something the airport would not have approved.

Still, we've got seven complete VC10s in the UK and one in Germany. Not a bad score.

ATSA1
5th Nov 2015, 16:33
But if BoB isn't looked after, wil he /she suffer the same fate as the last VC10 to sit outside at Cosford?

NutLoose
5th Nov 2015, 17:41
So true.......

Gsxr600
5th Nov 2015, 18:25
I wonder how much it cost to dismantle and haul by road, and how completely BOB is screwed back together. I'm wondering if the same move could be done with a Vulcan such as XM655 under threat at Wellesbourne or even XH558 if the Doncaster Academy falls on hard times.