PDA

View Full Version : Kelvin Harris

Tashengurt
4th Nov 2015, 13:17
I hope I'm not stepping on anyones toes but I'm surprised no one has mentioned the passing of this gentleman which has been widely reported on farcebook.
A stalwart of 43 Sqn and the Air defence world, he was just about the first aircrew I met when, as a fresh faced and not a little intimidated LAC I saw him launching his defective flying helmet across the pan at my Cpl. The banter that followed helped me see that aircrew had a human side and could be spoken to normally. (usually)
RIP sir.

handleturning
4th Nov 2015, 14:22
A very sad loss. I'm sure Kelvin would have appreciated the warmth and humour that's been shown on Facebook.

Sandy Wings
4th Nov 2015, 15:33
Yes some great sentiment on Facetube, his funeral details are:
😢For those who were stunned and shocked at the passing of Kelvin Harris the details for his Funeral are as follows - Dundee Crematorium on Tuesday 10th November at 1pm.
Bright colours and kilts.
Family flowers only.
Collection in lieu of poppy Scotland and there after to St Mikes. Bev has also asked that somebody from 43 (F) Sqn days volunteers to read Kelvin's favourite poem "High Flight" at the service. If you do intend to travel to the funeral could you please PM Phil W so He can give Bev approx numbers. She would like to thank everyone for their kind words and thoughts

Lima Juliet
4th Nov 2015, 20:19
Yup, RIP Shadwell my leek-eating buddy. I shall never forget your wrinkled face smile in the Q shed whilst shuffling about in your QRA slippers, Y-fronts and cut down Bunny-suit with your goon-suit and kit ready to go by the door. You were one of life's great characters who kept this country and the FIs protected from unwanted intrusions with flair, comedy but ultimate professionalism.

Per Ardua

LJ

London Eye
5th Nov 2015, 00:37
Gone too young, thank you Kelvin for all of your good advice and good company. As LJ said, one of life's great characters who established himself, without fuss or conceit, into one of the most experienced and knowledgeable air defenders. LE

rolling20
5th Nov 2015, 07:39
I can't believe it, he wasn't that old?
I was on the UAS with Kelvin and he was one of the characters.
A solid player on the rugby field.
I unfortunately never saw him at any subsequent reunions, but surprised that he was still flying operationally.
RIP Kelvin.

overstress
6th Nov 2015, 14:07
I served with Kelvin at Leuchars but I'm not on the book of Face, could someone pm me with any more info?

Hangarshuffle
6th Nov 2015, 20:05
Top name - half unit of temperature, half type of tweed. I'm truly envious.

MACH2NUMBER
15th Nov 2015, 10:41
Great bloke, knew him on 43. I remember him eating a giant Calzone in Decimommanu, he was dared to eat another for free and managed it! Shadwell you went too soon RIP.

luke77
20th Nov 2015, 20:54
How sad. I spent time at Leuchars with Kelvin & what a pleasure he was to fly with & spend time with socially. RIP my friend