PDA

View Full Version : Bans

KenV
4th Nov 2015, 13:09
There was a thread on moderators a while ago that got locked.
I will not bring up the subject of moderators, but I will note that some bans appear to be capricious.

I for example have been banned from the entire Rumors & News and the Jet Blast forum categories, and from the F-35 thread. It appears that my comments on aerotoxic syndrome, guns in the USA, and the F-35 are not welcome.

For awhile I was banned from the entire PPRUNE site. Every forum was "private". The only way I could view them was to log out and thus clear my cookies which enabled me to view the forums but not contribute in any way. I think these kinds of bans are capricious and short sighted. I'll not be surprised if I get totally banned again for posting this thread.

beardy
4th Nov 2015, 14:42
Capricious, what a magnificent word! I believe it is from the latin - Caper- meaning 'goat' also as in 'what a jolly caper'

If you have ever watched the almost malevolent capering of goats it all makes sense. Unlike these bans.

popstar
4th Nov 2015, 14:58
Don't worry Ken, I have been banned for years from the SLF and cabin crew fora for having the temerity to suggest that the internecine battle of the cabin crews was moved from the SLF forum to the cabin crew one.
Great pity since I could have helped with some of the question asked in SLF.
Here goes to get banned here as well, no doubt!
Truly the lunatics are running the asylum.

Haraka
4th Nov 2015, 19:08
I find it useful to consider any mooted comments as if being face-to-face in the bar on a sociable evening with somebody of whom you know very little.

Lonewolf_50
5th Nov 2015, 15:42
Welcome back, and best wishes for more joyful interactions in the future. :ok:

KenV
5th Nov 2015, 18:59
Welcome back, and best wishes for more joyful interactions in the future. :ok:

I'm only partially back. I'm still banned from the entire Rumors and News forum, the entire Jet Blast forum, and the F-35 thread. Seems kinda capricious to me.

exuw
5th Nov 2015, 19:20
KenV

I'm surprised they didn't teach you this down in deepest Texas when you was ever, ever so small:

"Hush little baby baby don't you cry
Daddy's gonna sing you a lullaby
Everything's gonna be alright
The Lord's gonna answer your prayer tonight
Hush little baby don't you cry
Daddy's gonna sing you a lullaby
Everything's gonna be alright
The Lord's gonna answer your prayer". ;)

glad rag
5th Nov 2015, 19:21
I had to google that one Ken :) thought you were on about BSG there.

:E

KenV
5th Nov 2015, 20:12
I had to google that one Ken :) thought you were on about BSG there.

And I had to google "BSG". Battle Star Galactica??!! Can't decide if I like the old show or the new one better.

glad rag
5th Nov 2015, 21:00
And I had to google "BSG". Battle Star Galactica??!! Can't decide if I like the old show or the new one better.

:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

0V3SqxUomwk

Thelma Viaduct
5th Nov 2015, 21:06
Why would a fully grown adult be even bothered??? (Assuming you are fully grown and an adult)

glad rag
5th Nov 2015, 21:15
What's it to you if Ken and myself want to share some banter?

oYOZ3IzRaf4

Thelma Viaduct
6th Nov 2015, 04:28
Since when has whining like a kid been called banter?

Pontius Navigator
6th Nov 2015, 12:26
It is annoying having to have more than one ID. I was sent to the sin bin on the MH 370 thread. It was supposed to be for 3 days but Rob forgot and I am still banned.

In a fast moving thread like that you can get lost in just a few hours.Banned for more than a day, forget it.

Equally annoying is arbitrary deletion. You see a nonsense post, post an answer refuting it and poof, original still there answer gone

KenV
6th Nov 2015, 12:38
Hmmm. Since this has devolved into a question asking thread, since when is smug self righteousness considered adult?