PDA

View Full Version : Help request - RAF qualification credit for civil

Capt Pit Bull
4th Nov 2015, 09:42
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help.

Is there a part of the RAF that deals with the transfer / crediting of military qualifications towards civil activities?

Specifically I am looking at whether I can get the holder of a QWI to count as having instructional experience in the context of avoiding the 'instructional technique theory' part of an MCCI course.

Perhaps somebody has already encountered this. If not, it would be a useful thing to establish for anyone that is a QWI and has or is transitioning to civil flying.

If all else fails if there is somewhere within the airforce that can document the 'instructional technique' aspects of the QWI course then I could present that to EASA and try and get the tick in the box.

Regards

pb

Training Risky
4th Nov 2015, 10:08
I think there is someone at 22 Trg group, HQ AIR, who deals with such things: definition of a Qualified Service Pilot, matching JSP 318 Qs to CAA/JAA/EAA requirements.

Maybe someone still in the mob can help with a number? Or google 22 group?

Never heard of this done for QWI course, but you never know!

heights good
4th Nov 2015, 10:09
In the past few weeks there was a Masters course put together specifically for QWIs.

Aerosystems MSc (http://www.staffs.ac.uk/partnerships/hmforces/courses/aero.jsp)

Someone has already done the work in mapping the QWI course, might be worth giving Staffs Uni a shout.

GipsyMagpie
4th Nov 2015, 15:57
I think there is someone at 22 Trg group, HQ AIR, who deals with such things: definition of a Qualified Service Pilot, matching JSP 318 Qs to CAA/JAA/EAA requirements.

Maybe someone still in the mob can help with a number? Or google 22 group?

Never heard of this done for QWI course, but you never know!

JSP318? Sorry bit it's moved on (twice in fact). QSP clearly defined as are service instructors but only of the QHI and QFI flavours. Against FCL.930.MCCI I don't think you can get the 25 hrs of teaching and learning credit. I think as a QWI you are down to bespoke dispensation from CAA