PDA

View Full Version : Flypast for Lancaster Veteran

benrudder
3rd Nov 2015, 15:24
My Grandfather, Squadron Leader PWP Lewis DFC passed away aged 93 on Sunday 1St Nov. He served in 149 squadron during ww2 flying mainly Lancasters. His funeral is on 13th Nov in Pembrokeshire, Wales and I was wondering if anyone on here knows any contacts for the possibility of some form of flypast. I've no idea if this sort of thing can be done, but he was such an unassuming character, it would be nice for his passing to be acknowledged.

Thanks for any help

Ben Rudder

the_flying_cop
3rd Nov 2015, 16:37
I can't help with your request I'm afraid, but I would like to acknowledge my gratitude for the service he gave.

skua
3rd Nov 2015, 19:39
I presume you are hoping for a military a/c. If they will not play ball, I am sure some of the chaps at Haverford West would be willing (weather permitting).

Timelord
3rd Nov 2015, 20:07
RAF Valley is the nearest base that might be able to help. Google them and get a phone number, then try to speak to OC Operations Wing. I am sure they will try to oblige.

sycamore
4th Nov 2015, 11:44
You might also try the Navy at Culdrose as they operate in the SW Approaches frequently.....and like to upstage the Air Force....

benrudder
5th Nov 2015, 09:26
Thank you for your messages, I will try the suggested.

Regards

Ben Rudder