PDA

View Full Version : JAA ATPL questions ?

jacobin
31st Oct 2015, 20:21
Hi,

could you please advice me for a good source for JAA ATPL question bank?

what is your opinion in ( JAA ATPL Question Bank | AviationTire.com (http://www.aviationtire.com/atpl.cfm) ) ?

Thanks.

Mustapha Cuppa
2nd Nov 2015, 19:10
Why are you interested in a JAR question bank?

jacobin
2nd Nov 2015, 20:41
Actually I am preparing to do the ATPL written exams and I need the questions for brush up.

ersa
2nd Nov 2015, 20:45
JAA no longer exists - www.aviationexam.com , is a good one

jacobin
5th Nov 2015, 18:36
Thanks dude, any other suggestions ?

Transsonic2000
5th Nov 2015, 23:06
I have tested quite a few online question database (QDB) providers, but I found that the database from ATPLonline reflects the difficulty level of the real exams best (meaning what to expect on exam day) and is most up to date, as compared to other online QDB providers, which often contain a large number of "zombie questions" (outdated questions). If you do well on the practice exams you have nothing to fear on exam day!

https://atplonline.co.uk/

Good luck!

keith williams
6th Nov 2015, 09:52
Transsonic,

You have stated that the Bristol product is the best, but then you have provided a link to the atplonline website. Atplonline is not the Bristol product.

If you are using atplonline and think that it is the best, then you are doing them a disservice by stating that BGS is best. If you are using bristol and think that it is the best, then you are doing bristol a disservice by providing a (misleading) link to atplonline.

RedBullGaveMeWings
6th Nov 2015, 10:03
They're all good, I personally like Aviation Exam explanations and I heard it is more indicated if you are doing your ATPL exams outside of the UK. Don't know why, just word of mouth. Feel free to use one or all of them. And try to study and understand the subjects, not just the question banks.

EXAM 11.0 by Peter's Software is a must if you happen to do your exams in Germany because the Germans want you to fill in the questions. Just saying.

Transsonic2000
6th Nov 2015, 12:50
Keith, thanks for the hint I corrected it, thought it was Bristols database or somehow affiliated.

Regrading the exams in Germany (LBA) I was told that the QDB to use would be CAT (Civil Aviation Training) not to be confused with CATS - just to avoid any misconceptions!

cavok_flyer
13th Nov 2015, 11:35
From my experience, the QDB from Peter's Software is the correct one for the LBA. The nice thing about it is that contains all the mistakes the EASA DB has which sort of prepares you for the fun in Braunschweig :E. Now that Boeing bought Peter's, it may get better (it uses Java script which makes things kind of buggy). The iOS version is better, IMHO.

Gordon Bennet
13th Nov 2015, 11:59
Hopefully Boeing will also improve their study notes.

G

2close
13th Nov 2015, 12:04
Just remember guys that, whatever on line QB you are using, EASA is steadily replacing the questions, with the threat of legal action against any company or individual reproducing them in an on-line QB or other publication (although, how they intend to enforce this is beyond me!).

Apparently, feedback from UK examinations in November suggests that at least one subject was littered with new questions. One candidate claims that s/he only recognised 3 of the PoF questions from the on-line QBs and that all other questions were new!!! Whilst I wouldn't hold my breath on that dramatic a change being true (people often make mistakes) it could be that the new questions are being used already!

:ooh:

RedBullGaveMeWings
13th Nov 2015, 12:17
Hopefully Boeing will also improve their study notes.

G
Peter's Software and Jeppesen have already published the new EASA Jeppesen study books and I guess the next edition will also be a cooperation between the two.

NEDude
13th Nov 2015, 23:50
Did I read correctly that the goal is to replace approximately 1,500 questions each year?

paco
14th Nov 2015, 07:00
You did - and yours truly contributed some of them :)

Phil

Gordon Bennet
14th Nov 2015, 09:21
Red Bull - I've only been shown the M & B book so far, but I certainly hope that that wasn't the new one! It needs some sharpening up to be worthy of the Boeing name, in my humble opinion as a user, in terms of editing, aside from the errors. It reminds of the Nordian books I had the misfortune to use way back when, although they have improved over time.

G