PDA

View Full Version : Ex RAF man fights off muggers in Chicago

Bladdered
28th Oct 2015, 12:13
Absolutely nothing to do with projecting air power but a fitting accolade to one of us who fought back! Well done.....

RAF man Neil McCarthy fights off armed Chicago muggers - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-34655459)

Rosevidney1
28th Oct 2015, 18:55
True, but what is a graduate of 'Security Studies' doing walking around the Chicago area? My roughy-toughy US chums wouldn't dream of doing that.

West Coast
29th Oct 2015, 00:08
Sham he couldn't have permanently put those thugs out of business. Either way, thanks.

Basil
29th Oct 2015, 13:54
Well done! What a hero!
Bet he was, ahem, well received by the GF that evening :E

JW411
29th Oct 2015, 14:15
Which reminds me of the story of one of my Belfast colleagues who was walking down Lexington Avenue in New York one night. He didn't trust the hotel safe so he had the Queen's imprest in his pocket. A mugger came up behind him, stuck something hard into his back and said something witty like "Make with the bread, man".

He responded with "Don't be silly, I'm British and we don't have any bloody money"! He got away with it and our friend went off into the night to find someone else to mug. Colleague got into the nearest bar at a fast lightning pace and got on the outside of several double scotches. I don't think he was ever the same again.