PDA

View Full Version : PK-BKA Helicopter crashed into Lake Toba

globalexpress62
20th Oct 2015, 06:26
Hi,
Anyone with details of the crew that were onboard?

I believe its the helicopter is owned by Musim Mas from Medan.

Helinaut
20th Oct 2015, 11:33
Date: 11-OCT-2015
Time: ca 11:35LT
Eurocopter EC 130B4
Owner/operator: Penerbangan Angkasa Semesta
C/n / msn: 4813
Fatalities: Fatalities: 4 / Occupants: 5
Other fatalities: 0
Airplane damage: Written off (damaged beyond repair)
Location: Lake Toba in the Onang Runggu subdistrict of Samos - Indonesia
Phase: En route
Nature: Non Scheduled Passenger
Departure airport: Samosir island
Destination airport: Kualanamu airport
Narrative:
The chartered helicopter is missing. One occupant was found alive on Tuesday 13 October 2015. He stated that all five occupants jumped from the helicopter before the helicopter crashed into the lake. The helicopter sustained a technical failure.
As the four other occupants have not been found, they are presumed to have died.

Helinaut
20th Oct 2015, 11:36
More details about Crew and Passengers.

Helicopter crashed into Lake Toba with 5 POB, and one survivor Fransiskus Subihardayan found afloat in the shallow water on the side of the lake two days later. Others on board, missing presumed deceased, have been named as pilot Capt Teguh Mulyanto, crew Hari Poerwantono, and passengers Sugianto (who had chartered the aircraft) and Nurhayanto

BOBAKAT
20th Oct 2015, 14:41
[B]" He stated that all five occupants jumped from the helicopter before the helicopter crashed into the lake. The helicopter sustained a technical failure. "

For which one failure you have (and the time to ) to jump before the helicopter crash ?
The Captain jump too ?

nigelh
20th Oct 2015, 22:38
I can think of no reason to ever jump from a helicopter over water , other than possibly dropping pax and dinghy off just prior to controlled ditching .....
Safest place to be would be strapped in in a fast descent I would have thought !!

globalexpress62
21st Oct 2015, 06:24
Sad and unfortunate that the search for survivors was hampered by the extreme smoke haze caused by Oil Palm concession burning... Musim Mas the owner of the helicopter has blood on their hands