PDA

View Full Version : Indian (Jet Airways) Pilot named in Gulf (UAE)/US lawsuit..

CT7
15th Oct 2015, 16:20
http://www.loopnorth.com/doc/2015/baylay_mann_complaint.pdf

http://www.courthousenews.com/2015/10/05/pilots-rampage-didnt-worry-etihad-man-says.htm

Alpedimera
15th Oct 2015, 16:55
Scary

The British guy has all my support.

altocu
15th Oct 2015, 17:50
That is certainly interesting reading!

It will be illuminating to see how Jet Airways deals with this in regards to the court reference of the defendant's mental state and the correlation with the Germanwings crash.

ExDubai
15th Oct 2015, 19:19
Def. interesting and scary to read.

DCS99
15th Oct 2015, 20:37
I am shocked at the alleged racism.
I never thought that possible.

g109
15th Oct 2015, 20:47
Very interesting indeed?
Does anybody know what nationality this guy, Mann is? I assume he might be Indian.
He needs to get fired from jet airways as well, such behaviour is totally unacceptable.

Has anyone in jet airways flown with him?

ExDubai
15th Oct 2015, 21:21
Would be interesting to see if all those guys mentioned in the document have to testify in court..

ironbutt57
18th Oct 2015, 06:15
not innocent of jumping bail, and ignoring court issued travel restrictions

jvr
21st Oct 2015, 17:42
done, it was done with the full authorization or ratification of defendant or was done in the normal and routine course
and scope of empl

wonder how they think they are going to prove this?

NG_Kaptain
23rd Oct 2015, 20:38
I am shocked at the alleged racism.
I never thought that possible.
I'm sorry but I don't see the alleged racism.
I do believe pprune will kill this thread due to their fear of the airline involved.

what-to-do
24th Oct 2015, 16:26
NG

What constitutes racism in your eyes?

"He says he escaped to the lobby after Mann told him, "I'm going to kill you. You f*cking British bastard." (Redaction in original.)"

Referring to someones race in such a way would suggest this was indeed a race motivated attacked, fuelled with excessive amounts of alcohol.

:ugh:

vfenext
24th Oct 2015, 18:09
NG is correct there is no reference to race. Being British is not a race reference it's simply a nationality. At best it could be described as xenophobic but not racist.

what-to-do
24th Oct 2015, 18:50
Not sure that I agree with you there.

"Racism is when someone is discriminated against (singled out) because of their race, the colour of their skin, their nationality, their accent or first language, or their ethnic or national origin."

Clearly the victim was singled out and deliberately attacked for being British. For me that is a racist attack.

ironbutt57
25th Oct 2015, 02:56
rac·ism
ˈrāˌsizəm/Submit
noun
noun: racism
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

no mention of nationality,,,a "British bastard"...could a person of any race..

what-to-do
25th Oct 2015, 04:35
I have no desire to argue over semantics. However, if you were to single out someone in this manner in the UK and use their colour, religion (yes religion) or nationality, etc., it would be defined as a racist attack.

For example, if I were to call someone a Paki b*stard, Chinese w*nker, Indian f*cker etc etc., whilst beating them up, I would probably be prosecuted by the police for a racially aggravated attack.

When the assailant used a word to describe the victim, i.e. British, he was defining that person based on his nationality.

As I said, I'm not going to argue semantics with you. I would leave it up to the courts to decide if it was racially motivated or not, my guess is they will. However, lets wait and see.

Some definitions of racism also include discriminatory behaviors and beliefs based on cultural, national, ethnic, caste, or religious stereotypes.[2][6

Finally, lets not forget the history of these two counties........

Caboclo
25th Oct 2015, 05:59
I thought it was customary to seize a suspect's passport in such circumstances? Chicago PD goofed up there.

lowstandard
25th Oct 2015, 06:24
Standby for a new sponsor for a Chicago team or field. I think Wrigley field is due for a new name...

Outatowner
25th Oct 2015, 06:27
It's usually only considered racism if it's a white guy saying it to a non-white.

Interesting move whisking this alleged criminal suspect out of the country as soon as the cops let him out on bail with conditions attached. Basically says "they" cannot be trusted. Maybe their rights will be pulled....

What a rotten nasty attitude. I guess this alleged defendant must've had his wisa applications for UK and USA knocked back - good riddance to bad rubbish. He deserves to stay in India. Must've been a nasty sh!t in his previous lives.

vfenext
25th Oct 2015, 07:26
Take a look at his Facebook page. He's not hiding his close relationship with guns n alcohol. I call that arrogance!

ExDubai
25th Oct 2015, 07:52
He deserves to stay in India
From my point of view he deserves some time out in an US prison....

falconeasydriver
25th Oct 2015, 13:19
I do believe PPRuNe will kill this thread due to their fear of the airline involved.

Given that this is a website with its base in a US jurisdiction and that the lawsuit is a matter of public record in a US jurisdiction then I'd be surprised if this thread was moderated away in due to the fear factor associated with the airline that must never be spoken of.

ironbutt57
25th Oct 2015, 18:15
Wonder what is the disposition of the assault/battery case for which the person was arrested?....personally I imagine the lawsuit is a non-starter

Landflap
26th Oct 2015, 11:46
But you do have to admire the "Wasta" team who ringfenced the guy, bundled him outa the USA, bundled him outa the UAE & got him a job in India !" Who you know" & not" what you know again" with connections vital. Fortunate fella indeed. The rest of us would be doing serious time in the Pen !

Gordomac
29th Oct 2015, 11:49
Gorra Laff ! Where were these Guys when I needed a bit of help ? Oh yeah, hated the Marina Club and couldn't wait to get outa Spinney's after the monthly shop. Should have hung around where REAL power existed.This Guy's story should make it to the reality TV series................"Real Escape Stories".

ironbutt57
29th Oct 2015, 15:25
You're not from the right country Gordo...thats why...