PDA

View Full Version : UK/Europe Query

HappyBandit
12th Oct 2015, 01:09
Hi All

Ive done a search and no recent info so am looking for any assistance. Currently possess an Australian ATPL (ICAO) and with half the family moving to UK (Their other halves are british) looking at the possibility of living and working in the UK or Europe myself. What are the chances of obtaining work without 'the right to live and work in UK/Europe' and without a JAA/EASA licence only OZ ATPL (ICAO)???

Are there any companies that would look at sponsoring me? My quals are close to 5000 hrs total time most of which on DH-Q400 and I have just on 500 hrs on B737NG?

Any help greatly appreciated

lansen
12th Oct 2015, 07:25
Does that include PIC time on the Dash? Check with Widerĝe in Norway. They've always been keen on experienced people. Also, AirBaltic in Latvia is definitely looking for people on the Dash.
Good luck!

redsnail
12th Oct 2015, 10:02
Sponsorship? You'd have to have some special qualifications to be sponsored for a visa, esp in the UK.

Without the right to live or work in Europe, it will be tricky. I'd try the middle east. You have gone through all the visa options for the UK?

HappyBandit
12th Oct 2015, 11:24
Thanks guys yes have about 1500hrs pic on dash. I will look at your suggestions. Yes looked at other visa options unfortunately at this stage uk is really putting a restriction on immigration even from soverign nations under the same Commonwealth.