PDA

View Full Version : Goldstars

PeregrineW
11th Oct 2015, 20:46
Having just returned from the Centenary Celebration weekend, I am happy to report that both 31 Sqn and its Association are alive and well. A wonderful turnout and a great weekend, culminating in the dedication ceremony for the 31 Sqn 100th Anniversary Memorial at the National Memorial Arboretum.

thing
11th Oct 2015, 21:15
I thought this was going to be about motorbikes...:(

Peregrine are you the Peregrine who's stepfather has a very large back yard?

PeregrineW
11th Oct 2015, 21:38
No idea as to what you are alluding, but it's not me!

thing
11th Oct 2015, 21:42
Ah OK. There's a Peregrine who posts in other fora who's stepfather owns Charlton Park. (Earl of Sussex). He has a thousand metres of grass runway on his estate and has fly ins occassionally. I was going to ask you when the next one was!

PeregrineW
12th Oct 2015, 21:43
On our table at the do were three generations of the same family, headed by a gentleman of some 91 summers, an ex-Dakota nav. The Loyal Toast was proposed and responded to, followed by this gent piping up with "I knew her when she was five!".

A very proud grandson, the spitting image of his Grandad at the same age, showed us the book he and his mother had commissioned, documenting this gentleman's time in blue. It's good to think that his memory will live on when he's gone - probably having been shot by a jealous husband given the number of women he danced with that evening...