PDA

View Full Version : Flying Instructor Course

jonbud
9th Oct 2015, 18:45
Hi All,

Does anyone know of any decent flying schools offering the Flying Instructor Course in the Midlands area?

Thanks,
John.

octavian
9th Oct 2015, 19:25
On Track Aviation at Wellesbourne Mountford.

Usual disclaimers, but they come highly recommended.

taybird
10th Oct 2015, 11:36
Central Flight Training at Tatenhill have an excellent reputation, and superb instructors. I trained with them and learned a great deal, and have no hesitation in recommending them on that basis. Their standards are very high and their personal investment in tailoring their training to the individual is worth a lot.

Leicestershire Aero Club is another good school for FIC. A number of my friends did their training here and went on to do really well, both as instructors and further in their careers flying for airlines and corporate jet.

Treadstone1
10th Oct 2015, 15:43
I am hearing it on the grapevine that Manchester Flight Training have set up a FI school at Halfpenny Green, using the facilities of Flightpath. Chris Caine is the instructor.

Might be worth giving them a call?

jonbud
12th Oct 2015, 19:57
Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated!

I've got a friend who got his ppl with Manchester Flight Training at Barton and had great things to say about them, will give them a call tomorrow.

Cheers,
John.

GBEBZ
21st Oct 2015, 23:06
I did mine recently with Steve Williams at Aeros.co.uk in Gloucester - highly recommended.

kimsmith
22nd Oct 2015, 13:43
One of my friends had a good experience in getting training from Pilot Career Center(PCC) that is nearer to your location.

GingerFI
22nd Oct 2015, 16:10
Ontrack at Wellesbourne, as previously mentioned. They have an amazing reputation and if you look through the staff section of the website they have hugely experienced instructors. Definitely a good place to go.

flyinho
24th Oct 2015, 11:34
Herefordshire Aero Club at Shobdon do FIC with Barrie Thomas. They can provide cheap accomodation if required too.
Barrie is well known and they seem to have a lot of good feedback on Top rank flying schools.