PDA

View Full Version : In Cockpit Video Camera....Good Thing or Not?

SASless
9th Oct 2015, 13:18
The Alaska State Police fatal crash investigation made much use of an in-cockpit Video Camera after it survived the crash and the occupants did not.

The captured video made the Investigator's work much easier and facilitated a determination of what happened that tragic night.

So....Good thing to have Big Brother looking over your Shoulder or not?

Pilots Can?t Stop Cockpit Video Forever - Bloomberg Business (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-08/pilots-can-t-stop-cockpit-video-forever?ref=yfp)

HeliHenri
9th Oct 2015, 13:31
Some elements here : http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/555493-cameras-cockpit.html

MightyGem
9th Oct 2015, 14:44
No different than having a voice recorder. Plus it'll pick up stuff that the recorder will miss. We'd probably know by now the cause of the Glasgow Police accident if they'd had one or both.:(

paco
9th Oct 2015, 15:41
No problem with it at all.

Hey Sasless, how are you? Long time no hear! Did you ever get tat free gift from pprune? :)

Phil

Fun Police
9th Oct 2015, 16:20
are Airbus not putting them in all of the new B3e's? both of our new ones have them and only Airbus can access the footage. personally, i have no problem with it and if one has nothing to hide then i cannot see what the issue is.
fp

SASless
9th Oct 2015, 18:39
Paco....it goes well.....and a Tax Free Gift from PPrune....must have been a 419 Scam out of the "What's Happening in West Africa" Thread!

paco
9th Oct 2015, 20:00
welcome back! We've missed you.... :)

phil

Devil 49
9th Oct 2015, 20:34
Iron-clad guarantee that data will be used ONLY for accident investigations and never EVER released to the public in any fashion- enthusiastic support!!!! But, that will never happen (in the USA, at least). With that consideration of respect for colleagues, I am absolutely opposed.

Maff
9th Oct 2015, 21:19
Fun police - the vision solutions systems installed in new Airbus machines can be viewed by anyone with the software which you can download from vision solutions website. Just take the card out of the camera and pop in your PC.

The vision solutions cameras are very good and have ambient and cvr recordings, as well as capturing VEMD screen data.

SASless
9th Oct 2015, 21:50
I have always said that should I have snuffed it in a crash I would want as much good to come out of it as possible. Granted some would suggest my snuffing it would be one of them.

We all can make mistakes even those Sky Gods we all know and we lesser Minions need all the help we can get in not imitating them unnecessarily.

That is not addressed to Devil as I know him to be a very level headed Professional who embraces innovative technology and effective safety initiatives.

That is proven by his many posts here over the Years.