PDA

View Full Version : RE ENGINED JAGUARS

Fishtailed
8th Oct 2015, 18:55
From Janes 15/04/2015 article on IAF jaguars-

Honeywell, for its part, is believed to have acquired two RAF Jaguars and successfully test flown them with F-125IN engines, giving them the confidence thereafter to pursue the IAF contract, industry sources said.

How true is that, or have I missed this on PPRUNE. Any proof or photos?

HaveQuick2
8th Oct 2015, 20:15
This page would indicate that XX737 may be one of the jets concerned

Demobbed - Out of Service British Military Aircraft (http://www.demobbed.org.uk/aircraft.php?type=631)

andyy
9th Oct 2015, 07:58
For completeness, the 15 April story:

India's Jaguar upgrade hits snag over engine selection - IHS Jane's 360 (http://www.janes.com/article/50698/india-s-jaguar-upgrade-hits-snag-over-engine-selection)

LowObservable
9th Oct 2015, 13:13
Something about someone's inability to manage their way out of a wet paper bag seems appropriate here.

Wokkafans
9th Oct 2015, 15:31
I think the lesson to be learnt here is that one should always take extra care when trying to insert large items into a small pussy :E

NutLoose
9th Oct 2015, 15:35
That counts you out then.....:E

I may have a photo of the Spotty Jag at Cosford having the engine installed, I will have a look to see if it is.

Sorry Wokka, you left the door open and I couldn't resist..

Wokkafans
9th Oct 2015, 15:37
Well played that man :D

Rionart
9th Oct 2015, 16:29
Unfortunate typo in the link: "The retrofit includes equipping the IS/IM/IB versions of the twin-engine Jaguars"

Alber Ratman
9th Oct 2015, 16:51
The spotty Jag tested the revised Adour, not the F125N. Honeywell are still working to integrate the F125N to the Jaguar and the project is progressing.

http://www.honeywellforjaguar.com/jaguar.swf

XX737 is shown in the video. Honeywell have also brought a T4 frame from Everett Aero, XX150 I think for system integration development. If Honeywell had flown a Jaguar powered with the F125N, they might have let the world know about it via them, it would have been great PR, so take logic as an answer, not an "Insider". A few clues in the video would mention FADEC control and weight saving. A few changes required to the air frame required to accommodate those are likely. I know XX737 hasn't flown with one, it was sold by the MoD RAF with a big hole in the front of it after a bird strike in 2005, that happened at Leeming. The last RAF trained Jag pilot flew it back to Colt while he was still on the OCU, after it had been expediently repaired. ;)

NutLoose
9th Oct 2015, 17:21
Sorry that's me, I should have said Adour, reading back one can understand the confusion in my post.

Alber Ratman
9th Oct 2015, 18:22
Nutty, no problems mate. Certain individuals may have been in communication with me and I with them. ;) I hope Honeywell all the best fortune with their project, for their team.. :ok:

Martin the Martian
10th Oct 2015, 09:28
That woman's pronunciation of Jaguar is very distracting: Jag-you-ahr.

If Honeywell do sort this out, ever think what kind of potential gold mine the RAF are sitting on at Cosford? All those low houred Jaguars?

Alber Ratman
10th Oct 2015, 13:08
All the low houred Jaguars have life expiried wings on them and the GR1s with low hours that were retired in the 1980s have avionics that are 30 years out of date.. :E

NutLoose
10th Oct 2015, 15:53
Yup they swopped wings with Oman to extend their fleet lives.

Nigerians got a nice fleet of low houred Jags (about 150 hrs each) but as with everything Nigerian they have been left to rot, though they were trying to find a sucker to buy them.