PDA

View Full Version : Indian SU-30s v RAF Typhoons - Whitewash??

BillHicksRules
8th Oct 2015, 06:56
I am surprised that there seems to be no mention of this in here.

As far as I can read from several news outlets the Indian pilots handed the RAF ones a thorough 12-0 drubbing in WVR engagements.

Any truth to the tale?

JointShiteFighter
8th Oct 2015, 07:10
It has been discussed quite a bit, actually.

I highly doubt anybody will tell the truth on here, unless they want a visit from the Police, as the answer is classified under the Official Secrets Act.

The first media outlet to publish the 12-0 score was an Indian company.... go figure!

BEagle
8th Oct 2015, 07:18
Perhaps news travels rather slowly in Jockistan, but the topic was discussed at length on PPRuNe 2 months ago.....

http://www.pprune.org/military-aviation/565843-raf-typhoons-vs-indian-flankers-1.html

West Coast
8th Oct 2015, 07:33
BHR

Before you rejoice or cry in your beer as is appropriate to your pov, ask what the ROE was. I don't have a horse in this race, but I have a hard time believing they took a drubbing that bad unless they were hampered by restrictive ROE and potentially the Brits didn't want the Indians sucking up radar data. Who knows.

TEEEJ
8th Oct 2015, 11:44
Bill,

This type of Indian claim was always on the cards when you take into consideration what was claimed from the UK back in 2011.

British Typhoons whacked India's Sukhois in joint exercises

RAF Fairford (Britain), July 24 (IANS) Britain's frontline fighter jet Eurofighter Typhoon, shortlisted for India's $10.4-billion combat jets tender, whacked the Indian Air Force (IAF) warhorse Sukhoi in one-on-one dog fights during bilateral air war games, if Britain's air chief is to be believed.

'Well, they lost,' was Stephen Dalton's response when IANS asked how the Russia-developed India-manufactured Su-30MKI air superiority jets performed against the Royal Air Force's (RAF) Typhoons when they matched their wits during the joint exercises in recent years.

https://in.news.yahoo.com/british-typhoons-whacked-indias-sukhois-joint-exercises-085435986.html

camelspyyder
8th Oct 2015, 15:52
...and the IAF have form for hyperbole, having previously returned from det in the USA and claimed a similar whitewash.