PDA

View Full Version : How to charter a plane.

serko
18th Jun 2002, 07:52
Hi,

I'm thinking of starting a tourisme business organising trips to France. However the destination I have in mind isn't presently served by any scheduled flights. I am therefore looking at chartering a plane say once a week leaving from london on the saturday and then coming back on the same day. Does anyone know where I can find more information on chartering a plane. Any usefull website will be much appreciated.

thanks

Serko

Anti Skid On
18th Jun 2002, 09:12
1) Get an AOC - air operators certificate - check the CAA website for info.

2) Decide on type and look into the regs - the size of the aircraft will determine the airport, etc. and the type of crew needed.

3) Decide on route - if it was solely charter I don't think you'd need proving flights.

4) Check out ACMI (Aircraft, crew, maintenece, insurance) operators on the net - try a search for aircraft leasing - you will find e-mail addresses.

Hope you have lots of pennies (or Euro's)!!

serko
18th Jun 2002, 09:16
I don't want to lease a plane just hire one for every saturday. seating between 50 and 150 people. I only need it for these days so leasing will not be viable. Is theresomewhere i can rent a plane including pilots etc for 1 day?

DROGNA
18th Jun 2002, 10:09
Email me - [email protected]

Gaza
18th Jun 2002, 21:02
"Hiring a plane and pilots" for one day is not as easy as popping down to your local branch of Hertz and renting a car or a van!! If you are offering flights or tour packages you MUST be bonded. You will need an ATOL from the CAA. Check out www.atol.org.uk for further info.

Anti Skid On
19th Jun 2002, 09:37
And if you are doing it on a regular basis it would be an an ACMI lease agreement