PDA

View Full Version : sponsoring an experienced pilot

novacounter
6th Oct 2015, 00:26
Hi everyone

I would like to ask a few questions regarding ATPL training and a possible career in international airlines.

Let me tell you about myself. I am a pilot with 20 years experience. My background in flying is in the military.
I have the following types of Aircraft flying time:

PC7 - 250 hours flying.
C-130E&H - 1640 hours flying.
Bonanza - 50 hour flying.
I also have CPL from ICAO.

I am aware that in order to receive a career with an international airline as a pilot, an ATPL licence and a civil aircraft licence is required.

So, My questions for you are:
1. Is there a possibility of sponsorship or scholarship that I can make application for? Whether from a private school or within the airline company.
2. How open-minded are the airlines regarding sponsoring a pilot in this case?

Please advise if you require any further documentation or information.

I understand any advice you provide is general in nature and there are no expectations apart from your reply.

I appreciate your time in considering my situation.

Yours Sincerely,

bob

parkfell
6th Oct 2015, 07:30
I see you were asking similar questions back in 2010. This time it is not on behalf of your brother.
Start with the 14 EASA written exams, and explore how your flying experience will reduce the training required down the modular route.

I think you need to speak to your previous military colleagues about their transition into civilian flying?

Black Pudding
6th Oct 2015, 14:51
Contact Alex at Bristol Ground School as I am more than sure he could advise you

novacounter
6th Oct 2015, 20:25
thank you
and may i ask what is his last name?and position?

parkfell
6th Oct 2015, 21:46
Alex Whittingham. Founder over 20 years ago

Their website is comprehensive.......