PDA

View Full Version : Precision Air, Tanzania

JoeCo
18th Jun 2002, 00:53
I was looking for some info on this outfit. Noticed that they do have a website and did get quite a bit of information, but nothing specific about hiring practices. If any one out there knows a thing or two about this company and cares to share it, I'd be greatful.

Cheers

Speedjeans
18th Jun 2002, 09:49
nice company to work for if you can get through the red tape of work permits i think they want 1000hrs but try and speak to them direct.
Good luck
SJ's;)

flying masai
18th Jun 2002, 11:29
Pecision air is a all tanzanain company, it is very hard for a foreigner to get a job with them. try some other company, to get a job their you will need to travel to Dar es Salaam or Arusha.

Good luck.

JoeCo
19th Jun 2002, 15:36
Hey people,

Thanks for the replies. I must admit that my knowledge of specific locations within Africa is very weak, so I missed what you were getting at in the last post.

As for Precision being all Tanzanian pilots, I didn't realize that, so thank you for that info.

As for a foreign pilot looking for some good flying in Africa, any suggestions???? I'm not affraid of manual labour, the bush, short strips or being away from home. What I am really looking for is an adventure that will provide some awsome experiences that I may not find in other parts of the world or with other companies.

Any other specifics that may be required that I did not offer, please just ask.

Again, thanks for the replies to date and looking forward to any others.

mwashi
25th Jun 2002, 04:20
Hello JoeCo:eek:

I think I remember you had a job in Dubai?
What happened?

You were quite rude to me on one of my post.
Be nice next time, you never know who might be the person to help you next time! I was in Dar es Salaam last December. I met some Precision Air people in DAR and talked to some in Arusha.

Anyway, good luck on your search for a flying job in Africa.

GUSTO
27th Jun 2002, 08:28
JoeCo ,

Precision Air hires only Tnaznian national , and on top of that people from the same tribe as the bosses ( tribe from Moshi and around , near Kilimanjaro )

Eagle Air closed down not long ago , Air Tanzania is for 'sale ' so they are going to be lot of unemployed pilots looking for jobs . As a foreigner you will have a chance only with charter operators ( C206 to C208B ) .

Good luck ,

GUSTO

JoeCo
5th Jul 2002, 12:08
Thanks GUSTO,

Sounds like I sould start looking elsewhere?? Oh well, like i said in a previos post, my general knowledge of Africa is quite weak so I have much to learn. Thanks for saving me the effort.

mwashi,

Please check you emails in regard to your comments in you last post.

As for your location, are you currently in Africa?? Where exactly? Got any leads on a turbine job in your area?

Thanks.