PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair bases

RijselPilot
28th Sep 2015, 12:49
Hello all,

I'm a young candidate first officer going to have its first interview at Ryanair, and I know one question that comes up during the interview, and later when you're hired : Which 3 bases would you choose.
I would pick first Brussels Charleroi airport as it's, according to a friend's friend, a nice airport with good atmosphere, plus it's close to where I live, they speak French and culture is same as where I live so easy to live in etc.. Then maybe Brussels national for the same cultural reason, but then I don't really know (when they called me I said that I don't really care, if I have to be based at Kaunas I'll sign), but I want to show that I know what I'm speaking about and I know Ryanair. However, I can't find informations on why to chose certain bases on their website or the internet, does anyone have a clue? Or can direct me to a website where I can see the pros and cons of each bases? Thank you for your time!

Peripero
29th Sep 2015, 07:22
You're basically on your own. Try wiki page about Ryanair, the bases are all listed on the right. There is no formal comparison or analysis so candidates have to find their own way. They won't even let you know what line training base you were assigned until finishing base training, let alone your first permanent base... and that is a lot of time. Good luck on the assessment.

Global_Global
29th Sep 2015, 10:22
Dont mention the cultural thing too much in the interview! They want and need true Europeans and saying something like "I like Brussels because it is practical"sounds 10 times better :ok:

OhNoCB
1st Oct 2015, 22:38
Most people I know choose theie base preferences based (:zzz:) on connections to get 'home'.

G-FATTY
13th Oct 2015, 13:33
RijselPilot (http://www.pprune.org/members/450481-rijselpilot),

Have you been to Kaunas before?!

A lot of people slag it off....until they go there!

There are more things to research with Ryanair than base preferences!

dirk85
13th Oct 2015, 15:11
I was gonna say, if you are under 40 and single you need to be seriously checked for mental illness to pick Brussels over Lithuania :)

Lazydogg
29th Oct 2015, 21:17
All the guys I know that were previously based in Kaunas had a very good time during their time there. :ok: