PDA

View Full Version : ME 6 months expired

Live your dream
21st Sep 2015, 12:20
Hello,

I would like to know what happens if you have not passed the skill test within 6 months of starting the course. I started in May but due to several factors I won't be able to finish my training within those 6 months, I would like to know which are the most probably options. My flight school says one hour renewal would be fine, but maybe my SOLI won't accept it. I have written them but I would like to have an idea of what may happen. I appreciate any help. :ok:

Regards.

Live your dream
2nd Oct 2015, 20:17
No one knows? :ugh:

nick14
3rd Oct 2015, 06:28
I think you will have to redo the course.

I think it may have to be completed within 6 months.

Live your dream
3rd Oct 2015, 10:27
May it means paying again for MEP flight time? :eek:

Anyway, thanks for answering :ok:

Duchess_Driver
3rd Oct 2015, 11:12
FCL.725 states the 6 month period from commencement and the a 6 month period post test to have the class or type rating added.

Much would depend upon your Competant Authority and future plans.

My CA have a pragmatic approach in that we will often complete ME class rating and hold the test if the candidate is going on to do the MEIR thus missing the 6 month 'time limit' and completing both Class and IR tests in the same instance, albeit still in two flights. Not had an application returned yet doing it this way.

With such a short time I would recommend to our HoT 'training as required' to meet test standard and then test and submit the application. Seems a sensible approach to me....

Live your dream
3rd Oct 2015, 14:03
Thanks again. My ATO says one hour renewal would be enough, but since my SOLI is Spain, this may be not accepted. I'm still waiting for their answer.

My ATO splits the course into 2 skill tests, ME/IR and CPL. In any case, October is the 6th month and I haven't even started the IR training, for sure I will not make it on time.