PDA

View Full Version : Very Cheeky Request...

flyskirun
18th Sep 2015, 15:25
Hello all, please forgive this very cheeky request for a flypast...

I am ex air cadet / RAF Flying Scholar / RN Fleet Air Arm and have been retired quite sometime. I still fly a spamcan to stay sane.

Anyway, long story short I had a very useful 5 year training marriage and am now taking the plunge again, although this time I consider myself OPS.

I know it's a long shot and very bloody cheeky but is there any possibility at all of a cab, possibly a YVL cab on transit, given location, doing a flypast here:

51 15 28N
02 25 30W

It's on a weekday in early October.

I will make a £100 donation to the charity of your choice for your trouble.

Should it be possible please PM me and I can obviously supply date and time . It will not be pre-advertised to anybody, including the bride - more of a happy coincidence.

Edit @ 18 Sept 2225 - I've removed the date and time from my original post. Old Duffer has made a good point and I've lost my nerve!!......Although the bridesmaids are definitely not ladies... :)

Many thanks

Neil

ExRAFRadar
18th Sep 2015, 16:35
Don't ask you don't get.

Good luck and I hope someone can help you out.

lmgaylard
18th Sep 2015, 17:09
Have you tried the PRO at Yeovilton? Or, contacting 727 NAS directly?
If you have no luck drop me a line.

Congratulations by the way.

Wander00
18th Sep 2015, 17:13
Good luck to you both, with both fly-past and your marriage

W

Old-Duffer
18th Sep 2015, 17:37
Thanks for the invitation. I booked a coach this afternoon and 43 of us - ladies and gents will be with you on the day.

We shall be properly attired and well behaved.

Looking forward to it very much.

Old Duffer

Melchett01
18th Sep 2015, 18:39
Thanks for the invitation. I booked a coach this afternoon and 43 of us - ladies and gents will be with you on the day.

We shall be properly attired and well behaved.

Looking forward to it very much.

Old Duffer

Very generous of you OD, but I'm not sure the OP was banking on a Chinook infil - a couple of low level passes by a Wildcat or Merlin will probably suffice :ok:

Old-Duffer
18th Sep 2015, 19:10
Beg to disagree M01 but as one knows, when you publicise something on social media - and on this occasion I include pprune in this - you take what you get.

That the great unwashed see this as a free for all to trash the poster's family gaff is an unfortunate modern consequence!!!!!!!!

O-D ; taking on fuel already

Melchett01
18th Sep 2015, 19:19
Well do at least try to leave the bridesmaids relatively unscathed then!

Or at least say please & thank you if you can't :E

Old-Duffer
18th Sep 2015, 20:57
Heaven forefend that I would force my unwelcome attentions on any lady!!

O-D

PS Perhaps this isn't what flyskirum expected when he launched this Thread!

Mogwi
19th Sep 2015, 20:05
PM me. Might be able to sort something as I have an aircraft based reasonably close. Ex RN, ex RAF, ex RN!

JimCasy
19th Sep 2015, 20:46
A cheeky request it is but good for you. Hope something happens, good luck.

flyskirun
22nd Sep 2015, 14:37
Very many thanks to all who have wished us well. I'm still hoping for a military cab to come our way if possible. I remain hopeful and cheeky in equal amounts.

Mogwi
24th Sep 2015, 07:58
If a bi-plane in Crab colours would work, drop me a line.