PDA

View Full Version : Why Emirates Is Not a Real Airline

jimmyg
12th Sep 2015, 11:15
"The government is also willing to employ gimmicky accounting tricks in an attempt to hide this massive government funding, because these subsidies violate the Open Skies agreement between the U.S. and the United Arab Emirates, the same agreement Emirates relies on for its massive expansion in the U.S."

Why Emirates Is Not a Real Airline*|*Rob Britton (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rob-britton/why-emirates-is-not-a-rea_b_8116510.html)

Desert Driver
12th Sep 2015, 12:11
Cock,
Enough said.
DD

littlejet
12th Sep 2015, 12:24
Emirates reported purchases of $2.2 billion, more than 10% of its reported operating costs, from related parties. But they provided no detail on the specific sellers, what was purchased, prices, or terms (nor do most of the sellers disclose financials

well the seller in question is Boeing. Made in US of A. He could ask them to disclose the purchase price of their airplanes sold to EK...:ugh:
genuine Trump supporter

Desert Driver
12th Sep 2015, 12:55
Don't try to reason with the Dickheads that like to throw accusations without any evidence.
The lawyers are going to have a field day. Writing accusations in a blog pervade as opinion is still at very least defamatory and libelous if proven incorrect.
The truth is the greatest defence and all these speculative comments are unsubstantiated. Be very careful of jumping onto the mud slinging band wagon.

DD

Panther 88
12th Sep 2015, 12:55
Gosh, I'm so confused. The big three get their panties all in a wad, yet they continue to code share with other government owned airlines and creating joint ventures with said airlines. In other words, they code share with other government OWNED airlines to the detriment of their employees. All that big iron will be flown by the government airlines and not by their own people, nor will they be buying all those international type airframes. And they get their employees all wound up over three airlines.

See if I have this right. Delta just purchased 3% of China Eastern Airlines, which is OWNED by the Chinese government in the order of close to 65%. I guess CEA isn't a real airline, according to the authors criteria.

But what's even more ironic, is United and American continue to code share with Qatar and the airline that can't be mentioned.

A Lee Moak minion hard at work. Drink that Kool Aide brother, while your bosses code share away you international flying.

north flyer
12th Sep 2015, 13:46
Look at U.S. department of State website, read all 17 articles of the U.S. open sky agreement.

Read article 15 and then read what Sheik Ahmed said at the press conference in Orlando last week.

SOPS
12th Sep 2015, 15:01
Sorry, do you have links?

Sheikh Your Bootie
12th Sep 2015, 15:37
What a load of bolleau, some many holes in what was written in that article.

Interesting reading some of the feedback on the article on the website, from Americans fed up with the rubbish the US3 dish up on their flights.

SyB :yuk::yuk:

Nikita81
12th Sep 2015, 19:44
Although I love the title of this thread, the blog post itself is amateurish. Everything from the linked article could be true, but the argumentation used (or better said - lack of it) is going against the author, making him look like he was paid by the interested part to write it. Shame.

Emma Royds
15th Sep 2015, 12:29
It is clear that Mr Britton did not corroborate any of the allegations that he made in his article.

I will not hesitate to criticise EK where necessary, yet I will not condone a point of view along with facts that are unsupported and in some cases clearly incorrect.

It is not rocket science that Dubai needs Emirates to make money and support it, rather then the other way round.

SOPS
15th Sep 2015, 12:41
Agreed Emma

Iver
15th Sep 2015, 20:07
Can EK make profits on year-round A380 flights to Orlando? Basic question.

Calmcavok
15th Sep 2015, 22:25
Basic answer: not yet. The route isn't served by an A380.

The route has started on a B77L. In time they may very well upgauge to an A388, depending on demand. It might be a step up to a B77W first.

cerbus
15th Sep 2015, 23:44
Emirates can make money on any route with the labour costs they enjoy.

glofish
21st Sep 2015, 13:59
What a load of bolleau, some many holes in what was written in that article.

I agree, but at the same time I truly think that EK has to be very careful.

The US let foreign banks poach in their back yard as long as they played it fair. Silently they gathered enough cheating evidence and then hit the stack. The Swiss banks payed dearly and nearly collapsed. Only heavy govt intervention saved them.

They let FIFA make corrupt money until they had hard evidence of manipulation on US ground and the trap closed. This unit will not go down, but its exponents will pay dearly.

Foreign car makers were allowed to compete with local makers as long as they played the game ie. by building some factories in the US.
Now the very latest:
Volkswagen got caught red handed cheating and bang, the US intervened.
VW might not survive the scandal.

The US, knowing that its market is essential, simply does not accept being cheated.

Why did the three above examples even happen?
Because all these managers thought they were cleverer than the rest of the world and untouchable.
Such arrogance destroys.

The big ME3 display today every aspect of the above, hugely overestimating themselves and displaying a blinding arrogance. They are very much bound to be the next victim, because the US are watching them, they are too much of a competition poaching on their territory. QED, like it or not.

EK is especially vulnerable, because of their manipulation of their whole operation. As we can’t really comment on the subsidy situation, although we have a pretty good picture of it, we certainly know and experience first hand the FTL scam: The factoring of the bunk hours and the check in time manipulation on a every flight basis.
It's not a very big thing to the US i think, but it could be called cheating and if it happens so openly and bluntly here, it is certainly not the only cheating ground.

And that could hurt.

Nikita81
21st Sep 2015, 15:02
Such stupidity destroys.

Corrected.

Smart post, glofish.