PDA

View Full Version : How common is it for people to go from a profession to Airline Pilot

Madden96
11th Sep 2015, 19:44
Is it common for individuals to get a different profession, go for flight training via modular route and then try for the Airline jobs?

EZY_FR
11th Sep 2015, 19:47
Maybe not via the modular route, but I know of many people who had good careers going for them and then got accepted by BA for the FPP. It's actually very common, more than you think.

Gazza88
11th Sep 2015, 20:33
Why not via modular?! Just as many people change careers via the modular route as integrated.

Once someone has a career/profession under their belt they are more likely to have a mortgage and possibly a wife and kids so can not always afford an integrated course.

And of course many of these modular career changers find a job. Many of them perhaps won't but who's to say they would if they had gone integrated?

EZY_FR
12th Sep 2015, 03:47
I'm not saying that some don't opt for the modular route, I just know of people who were successful in gaining a place on the British Airways Future Pilot Programme after being in successful careers for some time. I'm sure there will be some that have gone and done it that way

AMS
12th Sep 2015, 14:30
Gazza

Sorry to be blunt - going modular after another career is great - don't expect the job easily .....Infact you may as well forget it.....(unless prepared to sit on the lines for years )

If you want the airlines - MPL or FPP is the way. You will find some who might have succeeded but there are many others - vast Infact that don't-

Negative yes - but it's just the truth......

Tbh after another career you can go back and earn decent money until such time .......

Best of luck

Madden96
12th Sep 2015, 21:44
Thanks all for the answers.

I am having to opt for going for another career to save up to gain the licenses that will hopefully, someday, bag me the Airline job. I was just really wanting to know how many have been in my position, and if it was a common position for aspiring Arline Pilots to be in. But, I got the answer. So, thanks again.