PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Headset Recommendations!

aidenbradley
10th Sep 2015, 03:38
Pretty new here so sorry if im posting in the wrong area!

I'm heading down to ADL soon to do my flight training and was wondering if I could get any advice on what headset I should buy for my training :)

I've been contemplating between both the Senheiser S1 and the Bose A20. I'm looking for something that is both durable and comfortable.

However, I went to my local Bose store yesterday and received news that there would be a newer model coming out within this month or the next. I don't leave until January for my flight training and for this reason can afford to wait.

Does anyone have any firsthand experience with Bose/Senheiser/Lightspeed headsets that they could share with me it would be much appreciated!

Also if anyone has heard any news about this new Bose headset it would be much appreciated if you could tell me what you know! :)

Regards,

Aiden

RVF750
10th Sep 2015, 06:20
In my company B737 operators, about 80% of us use the A20 Bose. treat ear seals as a consumable and otherwise they last well.

roundsounds
10th Sep 2015, 10:58
Don't forget to pick up a set of RayBan Aviators too.

Skornogr4phy
11th Sep 2015, 17:37
You may not need it for noise cancelling purposes on the 777/330, but it's much more comfortable and easy to hear ATC than the standard headsets our company supplies.

mcdude
21st Sep 2015, 23:00
Considered the Sennheiser HMEC 26-2? An older version are used on the B747F at yr future airline and the 26-2 is about to go into the 777. The cables are interchangeable too. You'd probably need the HMEC 26-2-KP or a similar model with phone jacks.

ih8un
26th Sep 2015, 08:16
I own a set of the S1 passive headsets. I use it for GA, and it's quite good. I did a lot of research before I finally bought mine, and I think overall I made a great choice.