PDA

View Full Version : Reunions! Puma, Chinook, Wessex or even SH?

Axel-Flo
6th Sep 2015, 12:07
Notwithstanding most rotary mates (up to a point of course) will have perhaps trained on the Wessex has there even been a plan for a Wessex Reunion? That said of course after the successes of the Puma and Chinook ones any potential for an SH one?

chinook240
6th Sep 2015, 13:58
Good suggestion, I used to organise an SH Reunion in the 90's, alternating between Odi and Ben. With social media it would be much easier to do these days, just need one of the Stn Cdrs to name the day (and joe a JP to do it).

The Helpful Stacker
6th Sep 2015, 13:59
Can us ex-TSW come along to run the bar?

Axel-Flo
6th Sep 2015, 14:19
Can't see why not, any link to Puma entitles you to attend the Puma One so you're bound to know someone if we get enough people there. Not sure it needs to be at a station....find a location, set a date and spread the word. That's how Richie started the Puma Bash.....by word of mouth to those who need to know and most of those who don't....well like wise they just don't. To be fair a lot of non Puma people come to that and are welcomed when they have a link and reason to be there....:ok:

chinook240
6th Sep 2015, 14:27
Only reason I mentioned a station was due to the numbers involved. The Chinook one uses 'the largest pub in London' and is pretty full. The 90s reunions were equally large.

"find a location, set a date and spread the word"

Sounds like you volunteered yourself Axel? Good luck, I'll be there.

Herod
6th Sep 2015, 14:29
A couple of months ago I had the pleasure of organising a reunion of the Wessex pilots from 78 Sqn Khormaksar days. Our final tally was nine, with several apologies. Considering that it was 48 years ago, and I had been off the SH fleet since 1970, I was pleased with that number. I'm sure someone with more recent contacts could easily organise something. Good luck though; my work took several months of chasing contacts through the likes of 192.com.

llamaman
6th Sep 2015, 21:46
You could probably hold a fairly well attended SH reunion in Aberdeen these days!

TheWizard
7th Sep 2015, 19:13
There's a Merlin one about to start this year too. Could be an expensive autumn for some!! :yuk: