PDA

View Full Version : Video Request

Geoffersincornwall
5th Sep 2015, 08:00
I need a short one minute or so clip of a helicopter carrying out maintenance on a power line to illustrate my presentation at the RAeS later this month but it needs to be with the approval of the copyright holder or 'free-to-use' if there is such a thing.

Can anybody help?

Other suitable clips would show the helicopter doing challenging tasks.

Thanks

G. :ok:

Non-PC Plod
5th Sep 2015, 08:41
GEOFF - search online for "surviving the wires environment" video. I am pretty sure you will be able to extract some clips from there.

I need a short one minute or so clip of a helicopter carrying out maintenance on a power line to illustrate my presentation at the RAeS later this month but it needs to be with the approval of the copyright holder or 'free-to-use' if there is such a thing.

Can anybody help?

Other suitable clips would show the helicopter doing challenging tasks.

Thanks

G. :ok:

CharlieOneSix
5th Sep 2015, 12:27
Try Robin Tutcher, the Chief Pilot at the WPD Helicopter Unit at Lulsgate. Tel: 01275 472713. They must have stacks of videos/DVD's after over 50 years of operation - although in my time there even video recorders hadn't been invented.....

Gordy
5th Sep 2015, 13:23
kh8Zu5_0Am0

Geoffersincornwall
5th Sep 2015, 14:32
Thanks for the suggestions, there are many more on YouTube but I can't use any of them unless I have authority from the copyright holder.

If you can help with this I would be much obliged.

Thanks

G.

Thud_and_Blunder
5th Sep 2015, 19:20
WPD don't actually do work from the heli on power-lines, unless you count underslinging poles and stringing wires. National Grid, however, will be well-worth approaching; they have been trialling a scheme which includes operating on 275/400kv lines via a basket put in place under their Twin Squirrel. Not as punchy or in-yer-face as the exciting USA stuff, though :ok: .

CharlieOneSix
5th Sep 2015, 23:06
Thanks T and B - now realise I didn't read Geoffer's post properly, sorry about that!