PDA

View Full Version : MP/IR to SP/IR on new type

SFIM
1st Sep 2015, 15:13
struggling with the CAP 804 and AMC to Part-FCL.

Current AW139/MP/IR on EASA licence, want to get lets say A109/SP/IR, Currently not type rated on A109

for the type rating the AMC (page 246) says its 3 hours on the helicopter + skill test.

but for the IR part it also says that to extend the IR(H) on to a further type you also need 2 hours by sole reference to instruments.

does that cover the situation of MP to SP as well? it has been suggested to me that you need 5 hours instrument training to go MP to SP on a new type but I can't find this anywhere?

is it 2 or 5 in this situation? (reference please)

cheers

RVDT
1st Sep 2015, 16:33
I think on complex types your ATO would be influenced by the requirements of the EASA OEB report on the type.

for example A109 here (https://easa.europa.eu/system/files/dfu/A%20109E%20A109S%20AW%20109SP.pdf).

Then your skills test would be conducted SP IFR.

SFIM
1st Sep 2015, 17:09
Thanks RVDT, but really I am not interested in the type, the point of the enquiry is does going from MP/IR on 1 type to SP/IR on another type generate more training than if you coming from SP/IR on the 1st type?

Drifter1980
3rd Sep 2015, 15:16
Regulation 1178/2011 on appendix 8, helicopters say that if you are making a renewal or revalidating a MPH IR, that IR is valid for a SE and SP/ME rating that you have, if in the previous 12 months you did 3 flight with IFR approaches on a SP helicopter.

What is written aswell is that to convert the IR from a SE to a ME you need the 5 hours that you are talking about. The other way around you don't aswell as from MP to SP. In the appendix 8, previous mentioned you have credits from a MP to a SE and to SP/ME.

My understanding is that, once your ME/IR is valid you just need to make the type rating of the A109/SP-3hours ( MET to MET), the two hours in IR and the profcheck.

Best regards,

SFIM
4th Sep 2015, 08:37
Cheers Mr Drifter, exactly what I was looking for 😬

RVDT
4th Sep 2015, 13:25
Notwithstanding the above the prof check will have a check box that will determine if the test was done SP which of course is different from MP.

If you are up to the SP Prof Check is up to an IRE?