PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus Cadetship 2016

Pages : [1] 2

PPRuNeUser0207
31st Aug 2015, 22:10
The 2016 Aer Lingus Cadet Pilot Training Programme is now open. http://careers.aerlingus.com/careers-in-the-air/cadet-pilots/

Bloated Stomach
31st Aug 2015, 23:32
Don't bother applying if you hold a fATPL as you'll get an immediate email stating that you're ineligible. FTE Jerez should be very clear about qualifications and experience :ugh:

Alew Crew
1st Sep 2015, 05:54
Yes, i received an email stating i'm ineligible (I'm CPL IR ME ATPL FROZEN).

Anyway good luck for the others !

GeorgEGNT
1st Sep 2015, 09:02
Good luck to all.

Citationcj2
1st Sep 2015, 11:25
Also if you're not an Irish Citizen, don't bother applying. Alltough they take applications worldwide just to appear equal, but you won't get it. Just looked at previous records.. :sad:

gordonquinn
1st Sep 2015, 11:30
Citationcj2, where did you find that info?

Citationcj2
1st Sep 2015, 11:41
Just look at this picture.

First cadet in line, daughter of a Captain in Aerlingus, its a bit like winning a lottery amongst 3000 applicants or a total coincidence..:oh:

http://careers.aerlingus.com/media/careersaerlinguscom/styleassets/images/image-cadets-new2.png

Fostex
1st Sep 2015, 12:10
Of this years BAA FPP intake, I know several who are non-UK nationals from Spain and Italy.

Similarly I know a chap in my flying club who was selected by Shamrock last year and is not related to anyone inside the company.

Fergal10
1st Sep 2015, 12:49
Just look at this picture.

First cadet in line, daughter of a Captain in Aerlingus, its a bit like winning a lottery amongst 3000 applicants or a total coincidence..

So you don't give any credence to the possibility that with a captain in the company helping her through the interview process that she may have gotten it through good advice and her own aptitude?
And that as one of 3 successful females she is an ideal demographic to front up promotional material?

Is nepotism REALLY the most likely explanation?...
Loose the chip on your shoulder mate, it's not a good look.

Good luck to everyone applying. Don't let goobers like this put you off. It is as fair and open an opportunity than any other.

Bloated Stomach
1st Sep 2015, 12:56
Where are the black or asian cadets?....racism much? :D

Citationcj2
1st Sep 2015, 13:06
Fergal, not going enter in a debate with you, we'll see how it fairs this years round.

EI have been very obvious in their selection in the last few years, so their selection record speaks for itself, regardless of your justification, but anyway.

Good luck to all the applicants:ok:

ManUtd1999
1st Sep 2015, 13:30
So AerLingus open a fully-funded cadet scheme (including accommodation!) and all the responses here are petty comments about successful candidates' nationality and parents. How typical of PPRune......

This is the best deal offered to cadets, in Europe at least, for a very very long time. Credit to EI for doing the "right" thing rather than seeing training as a money-making exercise. Hopefully this might persuade other airlines to follow suit but I won't hold my breath.

Vit90
1st Sep 2015, 14:18
What are the real chances of a non-Irish, with 0 flying hours, MSc in Computer Science with almost 25yo(in 2 months), EU resident applicant guys? (Btw I'm from UK but indian...in the way my family (grandpas) come from India)

gceyg
1st Sep 2015, 14:22
Look it I seen where everyone is coming from with this and I do agree with the Nepotism. Aer Lingus have this culture of you hear of someone getting a job and the first thing that spring to mind is "Who do you know or who are you sleeping with?:rolleyes:"

But you never know, Application sent in and best of luck to everyone!

Vit90
1st Sep 2015, 14:36
Are you talking about this cadetship? They answer you immediately?

oldkarim
1st Sep 2015, 15:15
Nice that girl!! :E I would marry her so I'll have a place for the program as well, even if I'm fATPL..:} LOL
So the daughter of a CPT can not become a pilot? And if she becomes it is all thanks to him? :ugh::ugh:
Some people on this forum should just shut up
And from the picture you can say that they are all Irish?

JumboJet1999
1st Sep 2015, 19:25
fully-funded cadet scheme (including accommodation!)

I thought you had to pay 25% upfront?

Airlinepilot1687
1st Sep 2015, 20:29
Hello,

Does anyone know what the UK equivalent is of a 3rd level degree in any discipline with a minimum grade of 2.2 is?

Thanks in advance

EI-mech
1st Sep 2015, 21:33
Hello,

Does anyone know what the UK equivalent is of a 3rd level degree in any discipline with a minimum grade of 2.2 is?

Thanks in advance

Third Level is just another term for University.

See the following link for an explanation of degree grading:

What Exactly are university degrees (2.1, 2.2)? - The Student Room (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=662653)

EI-mech
1st Sep 2015, 21:45
fully-funded cadet scheme (including accommodation!)
I thought you had to pay 25% upfront?

That was the case in previous years. This year the training is fully funded.

Previously, Aer Lingus part funded this training. This year, we are very pleased to announce that Aer Lingus will be funding the entire cost of the training programme for each successful candidate. We believe this ensures even greater accessibility to what is a very exciting career opportunity.

From here:

FTEJerez (http://www.ftejerez.com/selection/aerlingus)

Fostex
1st Sep 2015, 21:54
I suspect they will fund it in the same way that BA completely sponsor the BAFPP.

That is, student takes out BBVA loan for full cost of training with the airline acting as security on loan. After training is finished student begins repaying loan from salary along with tax free repayment of training costs over period of 7 years by airline.

BAFPP training cost for FTE is £84k

PPRuNeUser0207
2nd Sep 2015, 09:10
''Have completed an Aviation related apprenticeship'' - Could anyone clarify what is meant by this, exactly? Would they accept someone who has been working in the engineering department of an Aero Club for non paid work as an apprentice, or do they want specific qualifications that correspond with the apprenticeship itself?.

An apprenticeship is a mean of formal/training education in Ireland. Unless you have formally trained as e.g aircraft engineer, your experience will not count towards the educational requirement. However it will count towards your application as it shows real interest.

Here's more info http://www.fas.ie/en/Training/Apprenticeships/

Best of luck to everybody.

GeorgEGNT
2nd Sep 2015, 12:31
Has anybody had any questions sent to their inbox yet? I've had the acknowledgement email but no response since.

Slightly worried as it says the questions must be returned 3 days after your original application.

DaveMac90
2nd Sep 2015, 17:43
GeorgEGNT,

I received the link for the questions in the same email as the acknowledgement.

"Dear Applicant

We are pleased to confirm that your application has progressed to the next phase of the 2016 Aer Lingus Cadet Pilot Training Programme.

Please, click on the link below to answer the questions and return them to us within the next three days.

Your username and password to access the questions are the following:"

G-F0RC3
2nd Sep 2015, 18:35
All the talk of nepotism is nonsense. The number of rejected applicants who have relatives in the company far exceed the number who are accepted. And just because someone makes it who does happen to have a relative in the company does not mean they are any less worthy of a place.

n_codrington
2nd Sep 2015, 19:06
I got an acceptance email as i clicked the submit button, and I immediately filled in and sent off my second form they sent me. So fingers crossed for the next few days/weeks.

aviationfan123
2nd Sep 2015, 19:29
Does anyone know how long the application window is open for?

aibkaresz
2nd Sep 2015, 19:56
Does anyone know how long the application window is open for?

The closing date for receipt of completed online application forms is 17:00 on Sunday, 13th September 2015

aviationfan123
2nd Sep 2015, 20:06
Thank you. Once the application is successful, how many essay style questions are asked?

n_codrington
2nd Sep 2015, 20:10
Only three.

banjodrone
2nd Sep 2015, 21:42
Yep I was thinking of applying but then not. I never finished my leaving cert. I did go on to do a HND in telecommunications and other 3rd level stuff but it's not a degree no matter which way you paint it. Also by the sounds of things, having any flying qualifications, even FAA tickets is a possible no-no. Age would likely go against me too and I'm not prepared to lie about any of the above. Good luck to anyone who applies - This is one of the best things to happen in years.

Rupert369
2nd Sep 2015, 21:55
I made it four essay style questions and two brief availability ones. Application submitted.

Flying_monkey
2nd Sep 2015, 22:08
How much did you guys roughly write for the essay style questions? Just never know if it's to little or to much!

n_codrington
3rd Sep 2015, 08:58
I mean, you can only try, mate! At least, you know?

MVazNKq31tc

GeorgEGNT
3rd Sep 2015, 11:10
Thanks chaps.
Phoned FTE up who informed me that I should have received my questions but had not.
All submitted now.
:ok:

Good luck again to all. Hope to see some of you in Dublin. Fingers crossed.

n_codrington
3rd Sep 2015, 12:01
Good stuff, chap. All the best and hopefully see you there!

aviationfan123
3rd Sep 2015, 18:07
Does anyone know what sort of contract it is? Can't find too much info on it

Flyguyaman
3rd Sep 2015, 18:36
Has anybody with a PPL been accepted to the second stage? I just had an unsuccessful automated response after applying. I have approximately 130 hrs total time.

hazholmes
3rd Sep 2015, 18:48
I've been automatically rejected too with a PPL, 85 hours. Met all the other requirements so only assume it can be this? Ashame really, being penalised like that.

gvaatc
3rd Sep 2015, 20:03
I was accepted with PPL+150h+ATPL theory so I don't really know what the logic is...

aibkaresz
3rd Sep 2015, 20:41
Accepted too with PPL, 98 hrs, and partly finished fATPL.

BARKINGMAD
3rd Sep 2015, 21:26
Re the no/little experience query, some professional training organisations prefer as close to ab initio as possible.

The RAF used at one time to prefer low/no hours trainees as less time was needed to "unteach" them the bad habits imbued from other training.

I recall as a BFTS QFI that some of the worst students were actually ex-UAS cadets from that same organisations training setup for uni students. Extra effort was needed to rectify the bad techniques they'd acquired from the UAS.

As a result, there was a sigh of relief when one was asked to cut "virgin metal" on a pressured high standards course.

Tin hat on whilst I await incoming fire from the ex-UAS instructors!!!

wonder88
3rd Sep 2015, 21:29
Taken from FTE frequently asked questions:

What is the starting salary?

The starting salary is approximately €40,000 .

When do I start on Salary?

On return from Flight School, and on successful completion of the training programme, you will start on salary.

Is there a Bond?

Yes, there will be a bond in place during your training, and for a period after you commence as a First Officer.
If you leave immediately following qualification you will be liable to repay the entire cost of your training.
The bond will remain in place for a set period. The amount due will reduce depending on how long you have remained in employment following qualification.
It is only due to be paid if you resign from the company within the period of the bond. The final details of this will be confirmed to each successful candidate.

GeorgEGNT
3rd Sep 2015, 22:04
PPL 67 hours
No ATPL exams
2:1 BSc degree.
1 A Level
Fully GCSE'd up.

Black Pudding
3rd Sep 2015, 23:09
Can someone please tell me if it states a minimum age for applicant

Thank you

FlyVeryHigh-
3rd Sep 2015, 23:37
If I recall, from the intake in 2012 (I think, could have been 2013); 10 out of the 20 had PPL's (the remainder didn't). Yes a few had connections to the airlines (dads were captains etc); however on the flipside I've also heard that there have been kids of captains who haven't even made it to assessment like many others. Also heard that in the 2012 intake only 1 of the cadets didn't have a 3rd level qualification; I think though in the 2013 intake the numbers were greater!

This will be my 3rd try for EI (1st time made assessments, 2nd didn't make it to assessments). Low hours, Degree, A-levels, GCSE's.

For those guys getting an auto reject, double check what boxes you are ticking. I nearly made the mistake of clicking the wrong Yes/No box in response to the question. Just read the question correctly; it does happen!

Finally, I just want to say this is an amazing opportunity. All costs covered?! What?! Excellent news.

Aspiring pilots should be very excited, just like I! Applications gone, and essay questions done. Just hope I don't get an email to say I haven't made it to assessment; one can only hope the prospect of bagging this fantastic opportunity last a little longer... been trying to crack this for years now! haha

Black Pudding
3rd Sep 2015, 23:42
And the minimum age required was

Hangar6
4th Sep 2015, 08:13
Folks best of luck to all applicants, great to see this program running again
It is a shame so few of so many applicants will be selected but a great
Chance to go through a selection process and learn from it for the next time with EI or other carriers.

Most of your questions will have been answered in previous threads so a little research on your part will avoid posting on here.

Also boards.ie , aviation forum has further info.

EI is growing , see today's results for August, google it

Big expansion for next summer , extra USA routes and aircraft plus Shorthaul
Expansion with the return of the remain three Little Red 320s
EI has a significant number of EU nationals as pilots , they just want the best
Applicants that fit their Airline.

Only 10% are female so they want to increase that number !
Good luck and stay positive , !

GeorgEGNT
4th Sep 2015, 08:20
From the website.

To be considered you must meet the following:

Essential criteria: You must be 18 years of age on or before the 1st January 2016.

You must remember that this is an incredible opportunity and definitely life changing for those lucky individuals selected. A lot of folk will work their fingers to the bone on their applications. It's your chance to prove yourself and how good you are.
To that end it can be difficult for some when individuals come onto this forum asking for help having apparently stumbled at the very first hurdle.
Don't take the reaction too personally. Remember what's up for grabs here.

Speed_Alive_V1
4th Sep 2015, 09:23
Anyone here go through the process last year who was on the old thread?

Made it to the EI interviews last time around, fingers crossed for this time.
Fully funded ab initio training is a huge opportunity.

Black Pudding
4th Sep 2015, 11:55
GeorgEGNT

Reference me

PPL about 350 hours
14 ATPL exams
No degree.
No A Levels
No GCSE's as they were called CSEs in my days

Did not start my PPL until I was 33 years old

Did not get my first flying job until I was 39 years old. This scheme is something that we could have dream about back when I was looking for my first lucky break.

As of now, I have

1700 hours on 737-300s and 737-800s whilst based in the UK
3500 hours on Airbus 320 fleet and now a Captain based in the Middle East
Total hours 5400

Was asking the age question on behalf of my 17 year old nephew.

Good luck with your application

FlyVeryHigh-
4th Sep 2015, 13:37
Does anyone know how many places are up for grabs?

LandingConfig
4th Sep 2015, 14:23
Any Scottish applicants having trouble with the grades? The 'UK' option should actually say England.

gordonquinn
4th Sep 2015, 14:50
Noticed that on mine, just lined them up as I saw fit.

LandingConfig
4th Sep 2015, 15:00
Noticed that on mine, just lined them up as I saw fit.

Did you enter Higher or Advanced Higher or both? A levels aren't really the equivalent of either...

GTTDI GOD
4th Sep 2015, 16:13
FlyVeryHigh

There are 12 spaces. I think it will be 2 groups, 1 starting January and the other in February.

JumboJet1999
4th Sep 2015, 16:51
Only 10% are female so they want to increase that number !

Through 'positive' discrimination. . .

Jetset150
4th Sep 2015, 20:35
Rejected!

PPL 105 hours

Met all the requirements. Seems if you have a PPL and have started the ATPL exams it makes a difference!

Good luck to all!!

aibkaresz
4th Sep 2015, 21:15
I don't think so, because i have almost 100 hrs, 8 subjects of ATPL and accepted to the 2nd stage.

FoxAlphaDelta
4th Sep 2015, 21:43
Hello,

Do you think there is a real difference between a 50h PPL and a non flying hours.

I am now finishing my PPL and I'm hesitate to continue to fly or to don't log my next flying hours.

FlyVeryHigh-
4th Sep 2015, 23:54
Just out of curiosity. I wonder would anyone be applying to this if they have already been accepted to the BA FPP scheme, Flybe etc with start dates soon, with the possibility of saving themselves some money in the long run.

Does anyone think that this could be happening?

MaverickPrime
5th Sep 2015, 08:42
I've a ppl, 98hrs, and a degree. No atpls. Applied days ago and still waiting for yay or nay! Have applied twice before and never got further than the application stage. :E

nodeh586
5th Sep 2015, 13:54
I've applied and sent my 'essay' answers off today.

How quick are they at saying yes or no after the closing date?

Jakub Velicka
5th Sep 2015, 17:56
My profile if it helps someone: PPL, 80 hours, class 1 medical, university degree, no ATPL exams or sitting register. Meet all other requirements except aviation apprenticeship. Received reply within one minute and accepted.

StickAndShudder
6th Sep 2015, 16:21
I applied on Thursday and got an automated response that was neither a Yay or a Nay, but rather they are having to check my application to see if it meets the requirements...

Anyone else in the same boat? How long did you have to wait for them to check yours?

Cheers

marco127
6th Sep 2015, 16:37
Hi, I give you my profile, PPL owner with 55 hours, university degree no atpl exams, and french national, received the email with the link to question instantly,

Good luck to y'all

Best Regards:ok:

FlyVeryHigh-
6th Sep 2015, 17:03
I applied on Thursday and got an automated response that was neither a Yay or a Nay, but rather they are having to check my application to see if it meets the requirements...

Anyone else in the same boat? How long did you have to wait for them to check yours?

Cheers

Some people on here have:

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057485898/1

CiaranMel
6th Sep 2015, 18:10
If you have any issues or queries about this program or your application, Please feel free to post here. I will try too provide much information as I can.

UAQZEN
6th Sep 2015, 19:25
hi everyone

I've just applied to the programme and have submitted my answer to the 6 questions. The only thing i'm worried about is the fact that i'm only 18. Do you think that i have any chance? I know that i'm within the age restrictions but i'm thinking, will they really allow a potentially 19/20 year old be a first captain on an A320?

EZY_FR
6th Sep 2015, 23:50
The whole point of the selection process is to assess your suitability for becoming a captain later on in your career. You will not become a captain for the airline that quickly, I can assure you that :E.

On a side note, my written answers have now been submitted. Good luck to all those waiting!

bsal
7th Sep 2015, 00:05
I have a PPL with 146hrs passed 14 ATPL's in 2009 so they are out of date now and meet the other requirements and have got nothing back yet. I applied on Friday.

GeorgEGNT
7th Sep 2015, 05:18
People still waiting for answers.

I spoke directly with FTE about it. I asked whether there was a a tech issue or whether they simply hadn't decided.

I was told I should have received my email but of course I hadn't for some reason. The chap on the phone re-sent it again straight away and I submitted them that day.

Give them a call. I phoned the number on the website and asked for the assessment team.

Good luck.

EZY_FR
7th Sep 2015, 06:21
To anyone that applied for the scheme last year, did you have to wait long to find out whether you received an invite or not to attempt the aptitude tests?

Franchii
7th Sep 2015, 09:00
I applied a week ago, answered the 6 questions and now still waiting for the answer for next phase.

PPL 70 hours, no ATPL, no Secondary school degree.

EI-mech
7th Sep 2015, 10:28
To anyone that applied for the scheme last year, did you have to wait long to find out whether you received an invite or not to attempt the aptitude tests?

Invites went out by email last year, and if I recall correctly they came quite quickly after the closing date for applications, within days.

FTE are very seasoned when it comes to recruiting cadets and that showed in how fluid the whole process was last year, expect more of the same this time around.

darkroomsource
7th Sep 2015, 10:50
I applied last week.
250 hours, FAA CPL.
As far as I can tell, I have all the qualifications and none of the disqualifications.
I got an almost immediate response back saying "we're sorry"

Chilly13
7th Sep 2015, 13:43
Just had an email saying that i meet the requirements and got a link to answer 3 questions.

My background: - No degree, no PPL, 10 years in the Royal Air Force. Was expecting to be turned away.

Good luck to everyone else.

gordonquinn
8th Sep 2015, 08:06
Hi Ciaran,

Are you within the selection process?

Cheers

LandingConfig
8th Sep 2015, 09:30
Looking back at previous years' threads, it would appear that assessment invites are distributed by phone, is it safe to assume that the same will apply this year?

No point in checking the junk folder all the time in that case!

EZY_FR
8th Sep 2015, 10:26
I just got off the phone with FTE and they said we should expect to hear back at the start of next week. Fingers crossed for us all!

nabanoba
8th Sep 2015, 12:10
Just to note as well that in previous years invites to the second round didn't all come out at the same time. If you do not receive an invite in the first batch it doesn't mean you won't receive one.

Best of luck to all!

GOINGTOFLY
9th Sep 2015, 11:28
Hi do you know if you have to provide a monetary bond for this scheme?

EZY_FR
9th Sep 2015, 12:06
No bonds, they pay for everything bar your own expenses, etc.

justletmefly
9th Sep 2015, 14:29
I'm sure someone has already posted this but just to confirm - If you hold an ATPL or even CPL you won't be considered. I hold a (f)ATPL and when I applied yesterday I didn't receive an email to confirm or deny how I did. So when I rang FTEJerez a man called Simon told me I was unsuccessful for that reason - "This is an ab initio program"
As far as I see it you have two options. Don't apply, or lie and deal with the consequences later

coffeegeek
9th Sep 2015, 15:03
Dutch nationality, probably the oldest of the applicants, restarted flying recently when I found out about the rationalised Part-MED uncorrected vision requirements:8.

Came through the first screening with 15 hrs of training (+45 hrs before 2002), MSc degree, no advanced aviation exams.

I'll keep you posted, good luck to all who apply!

FlyVeryHigh-
9th Sep 2015, 17:34
They even give you an allowance ;)

gordonquinn
9th Sep 2015, 17:44
I can't think of a better scheme tbh

Lucky_Luke2
9th Sep 2015, 19:42
Just sent in the essays... Really hoping to get a positive answer.

As a reference: 18 years, just finished school, great interest in aviation and no experience/licences.

FlyVeryHigh-
10th Sep 2015, 01:02
Just sent in the essays... Really hoping to get a positive answer.

As a reference: 18 years, just finished school, great interest in aviation and no experience/licences.

Aye, those essay questions took hours and put years on me!

SomaliPilot
12th Sep 2015, 22:33
Hi Ciaran,

Do you have any experience with the assessement day? What to expect?
I would like to know in order to see if i can prepare anything.

Cheers

SomaliPilot
12th Sep 2015, 22:37
Fingers crossed everyone here :ok: Perfect scheme which other airlines
ought to be copying! For those here since we are all in the same boat has
anyone been looking for anything regarding assessment? What should we expect? Is there anything online which you could at least prepare?
Last thing i'd like is to come unprepared and ruin my chances just in case.

Cheers.

EZY_FR
12th Sep 2015, 22:41
You can prepare for the tests if you want, but it is far from guaranteed that you will receive an invite for an interview. It is likely more than 3000 will apply to this scheme and, based on the number of dates available for assessments, I can only imagine about 160 or so will be invited. Best of luck

EZY_FR
12th Sep 2015, 22:49
If you have ever been to an FTE assessment day, or if you have ever been to the FPP selection, then you could probably assume that the format will be similar. Nobody will go into detail here to avoid giving away an advantage though, especially with so few places.

funkyt111
12th Sep 2015, 23:34
EZY,

There will be more than 160. Last year, FTE released assessment dates rather sporadically over a month period so if you have not received a rejection yet, take it as a good news.

Best of luck folks.

Rupert369
13th Sep 2015, 07:51
if you have not received a rejection yet, take it as a good news.

Has anyone who answered the essay questions heard either way yet?

EZY_FR
13th Sep 2015, 10:14
Funky
160 were invited to the initial stage last year, and Alex from FTE told me they will definitely not invite anymore than 200 applicants to the initial phase.

Also, you won't hear back until the end of the week at the earliest, because those who apply today need to be given 3 days to complete the essay questions.

Speed_Alive_V1
13th Sep 2015, 12:14
Applications close today - with last possible entry of the essays going to be Wednesday evening.

Last year the first round of invites for assessment were sent on the Friday then, with the first set of assessments 2 weeks after that.

It is one week sooner this year, first assessments are the 29th I believe.

After assessments finished last year, we heard again the following Friday regarding an interview at Shamrock house, which was another 2 weeks later on a date in November.

160 was the number we were told last year, who were invited to assessment in DCU.

Speed_Alive_V1
13th Sep 2015, 12:16
Also there doesn't seem too much of it being advertised or much fuss about it this year compared to last two years..

Considering it's 100% funded I wonder what the application numbers are compared to last year. Just my 2c that it doesn't seem as hyped up or 'put out there'. Anyone else get that feeling?

EZY_FR
13th Sep 2015, 12:38
Yeah, I get that impression as well. More chances for us I guess 😀

ThrustCruise
13th Sep 2015, 15:31
Hi all! I sent back the questions a few days ago. Does anyone know how many applicants managed to pass all the assessments?

All the best,
Greetings from Italy.

sosu89
13th Sep 2015, 16:20
All,

From last year's selection, does anyone know how many students were not Irish nationality??

I am not Irish but I am EU citizen. However, I am still in doubt whether to go or not if I get chosen for the assessment day!!! I would prefer spending €500 (fee + traveling) on flying hours training rather then applying for assessment day with very low probability to get chosen!!

Currently, doing my last 10 hours flying to sit for the ppl exam, 26 years old and hold a degree and masters in engineering.

What are your comments, cheers

Speed_Alive_V1
13th Sep 2015, 16:32
My assessment group was made up of Irish and UK applicants. Can't speak for the rest of the groups however, I'm sure there were some EU nationals.

Tristar95
13th Sep 2015, 19:20
I am not Irish but I am EU citizen. However, I am still in doubt whether to go or not if I get chosen for the assessment day!!! I would prefer spending €500 (fee + traveling) on flying hours training rather then applying for assessment day with very low probability to get chosen!!

I have the same question about the probability to get chosen for not Irish applicants... Does anyone know how many candidates have been chosen for the training in the last years?

EZY_FR
14th Sep 2015, 00:13
I think 15 were granted places last year. I don't know how many of them weren't Irish though. I do hope they start hiring more Scots this time around ;p

sosu89
14th Sep 2015, 05:08
I totally understand that the selection majority will be that of irish students. Anyhow, still not yet decided whether to go or not if I get chosen. We wait and see :)

Speed_Alive_V1
14th Sep 2015, 08:44
Application process has now closed.

Best of luck all.

Tristar95
14th Sep 2015, 13:11
Yes... we have to wait ;)

Best of luck to everyone!!

LostInFlight88
15th Sep 2015, 09:37
Has anyone heard ANYTHING after submitting their application? I'm worried cause it says you have to submitt within 3days of submitting the application. But then you get an email saying to answer the questionnaire within 3 days. But I received the questionnaire a day later. So which is it? 3 days from when you submit the application (which gives you 2 days to answer the questionnaire) or is it 3 days from when you receive the email to the link of the questionnaire? :sad:

EZY_FR
15th Sep 2015, 13:32
We will find out on either Thursday or Friday whether we made it to phase 3 or not. Apparently they have received approx 3400 applications and they are looking to take on no more than 20 candidates :/

FlyVeryHigh-
15th Sep 2015, 14:02
We will find out on either Thursday or Friday whether we made it to phase 3 or not. Apparently they have received approx 3400 applications and they are looking to take on no more than 20 candidates :/

Considering this is fully funded I'm surprised by it only being 3400 applications as last year there were I'm excess of 3000 applications too.

Anyway, I'll start packing for Jerez... haha

aibkaresz
15th Sep 2015, 15:04
Last year the invitation letters arrived pretty continuously (showed an apparent connection to application date), so if anyone doesn't get an invitation immediately when others are already invited, don't give up on the hopes!

Cheers

afusaru
15th Sep 2015, 15:06
Where can I read about the selection process, as their link is not available anymore? Thanks

LandingConfig
15th Sep 2015, 15:17
So are invitations by letter? I gathered from previous years that it was by phone...

aibkaresz
15th Sep 2015, 15:35
I was invited to an other scheme, it was by e-mail.

FlyVeryHigh-
15th Sep 2015, 17:02
Anyone else know the feeling of reading through the answers you submitted and realising that you've completely messed a question up? No? I do... ;(

EZY_FR
15th Sep 2015, 17:36
I felt like that with one of my fpp essay questions, it's not nice. I always check my answers 15 times before I click that cursed submit button.

Lucky_Luke2
15th Sep 2015, 17:57
Yeah, kinda know that feel... I was doing my evening routine, when I suddenly thought "oh jesus you could have written that and that and it would have been so much better". Worst part was watching the change of my facial expressions in the mirror. :yuk:

But I think everybody has that moment at some point.

EZY_FR
15th Sep 2015, 22:29
Lost inflight
You have to submit your answers within 3 days of receipt of the email.

Pilot123456
16th Sep 2015, 11:32
Hey guys,

i applied on thursday 11 am and send back the answered questions at about 7 pm on Sunday so like they said 3 days after i received the email with the link to the questions. but likeaibkaresz here in this thread said they closed the closing date for receipt of completed online application forms is 17:00 on Sunday, 13th September 2015.

Where did you get these information. Does this mean I am out of the program now??

Thanks for help!

aibkaresz
16th Sep 2015, 13:18
Hey guys,

i applied on thursday 11 am and send back the answered questions at about 7 pm on Sunday so like they said 3 days after i received the email with the link to the questions. but likeaibkaresz here in this thread said they closed the closing date for receipt of completed online application forms is 17:00 on Sunday, 13th September 2015.

Where did you get these information. Does this mean I am out of the program now??

Thanks for help!

Sunday was the deadline only for the 1st questionaire. From Sunday 5PM the last applicants still have 72 hours to submit the questions (just like anyone else).

Edit: the closing date was written in the FAQ

Garfly
16th Sep 2015, 17:01
Does "accepted" mean you are through to the second stage 4 questions- results out now stage?

Pilot123456
16th Sep 2015, 19:36
But in the e mail they said that you have to answer these questions within the next 3 days and not within the next 72 hours. I think there is a difference isn't it?

:/

kind regards

EZY_FR
16th Sep 2015, 19:57
Don't know if any of you guys read the boards.ie thread, but according to a poster, an Aer lingus training captain said we should hear back on Monday. I hope this isn't the case, that leaves us with a roughly one week's notice.

EZY_FR
17th Sep 2015, 04:59
Does "accepted" mean you are through to the second stage 4 questions- results out now stage?
When did you get the email?

aibkaresz
17th Sep 2015, 07:47
Pilot123456,

72 hours = 3 days. The thing is, you don't have to worry! :)

EZY_FR,

Ah that would be a killer, I'm jumping to every e-mail sound (and I recieve a lot from other sources :( )

Speed_Alive_V1
17th Sep 2015, 08:43
I read that post in Boards too.

Most likely someone 'in the know'. The whole point of EI outsourcing pre-selection to FTE is so they won't be involved too much at this point so I doubt that information is very accurate.

Last year we received the invites on the Friday then some others sporadically through the next week upto and including during the assessments as cancellations came up.

EZY_FR
17th Sep 2015, 09:45
I think we'll find out either tomorrow or Monday, I reckon it'll be too much to expect the fto assessors to get back to us the day after the final essay responses were submitted.

A-380
18th Sep 2015, 16:21
Invitations are now being sent out!!

LandingConfig
18th Sep 2015, 17:18
Excellent! By what means, email I assume?

PPRuNeUser0207
18th Sep 2015, 17:30
Has anyone actually received an invite to assessment?

Flying_monkey
18th Sep 2015, 17:35
Yes, invitation received by email.

Kermo Kermit
18th Sep 2015, 17:40
Not heard anything, no news is good news I guess.

What time did the invites go out this afternoon?

A-380
18th Sep 2015, 18:07
Yes, email from FTE

Flying_monkey
18th Sep 2015, 19:01
17.16 UK time.

PPRuNeUser0207
18th Sep 2015, 19:04
UK applications getting their invites first to make travel arrangements?

LandingConfig
18th Sep 2015, 19:19
UK applications getting their invites first to make travel arrangements?

I've heard nothing yet.

GeorgEGNT
18th Sep 2015, 19:26
Well done to those with invites.

I've personally not heard anything. Suppose early days yet. :/

Kermo Kermit
18th Sep 2015, 19:36
Could it be the case that those that submitted applications early in the window are receiving news first. I submitted towards the end and have not heard anything yet.

EZY_FR
18th Sep 2015, 19:46
Haven't heard anything either. I submitted mine on the 7th. Alex from FTE told me Monday at the latest. No news is good news!

Kermo Kermit
18th Sep 2015, 19:58
I wonder if they will be sending out any e-mails over the weekend?

I've not heard of anyone whose had a rejection yet so could it be that the invites are going out first so that they can fill any places that are not taken up with people who have been initially rejected?

I'm really wishing that that I submitted earlier in the window now.

Nothing like a good conspiracy theory!!

A-380
18th Sep 2015, 20:01
I submitted answers on the 5th, so that would be fairly early in the window...

ShayYoung
18th Sep 2015, 20:16
People who did get a reply did you have to confirm anything upon receiving the email?

Cadet A320
19th Sep 2015, 15:13
Congratzzz for the ones who got emails from FTE for the assesment :D:ok:
Did any one get emails today??? Any updates ??

Flying_monkey
19th Sep 2015, 16:41
@shayyoung

Yes, a email to confirm your attendance has to be sent.

Lockheed_Blackbird
19th Sep 2015, 18:35
Hi everyone.
I was just wondering if Aer Lingus requires an EASA Class I ONLY ?
I've read in the FAQ they will ask to pass a company medical.
What is it? What do we need to pass this medical successfully? Do they have specific internal rules?
Thanks for your answers folks

PPRuNeUser0207
19th Sep 2015, 20:35
Hi everyone.
I was just wondering if Aer Lingus requires an EASA Class I ONLY ?
I've read in the FAQ they will ask to pass a company medical.
What is it? What do we need to pass this medical successfully? Do they have specific internal rules?
Thanks for your answers folks

EASA Class 1 medical required, you'll probably get all the specific details on the Irish Aviation Authority website.
(You don't need to hold a medical, just be capable of passing it).

Lockheed_Blackbird
19th Sep 2015, 20:56
Thanks Jumpseat M.
But in the FAQ they're speaking of a "Company Medical". I found on previous AL threads people talking about of a Colour Vision paper (Ishihara test) that has to be given to AL. Are you sure that the Class 1 is enough?

bluebaron1993
19th Sep 2015, 23:34
Guys check your junk mail. I just checked mines and found the invite in there.

CiaranMel
19th Sep 2015, 23:42
Hi guys,

Haven't been on his for a few weeks! Some of you may have received invitations to the Assessment Center, but don't worry you still have a chance! Due to the huge number of applications , FTE would be finalising their last decisions on applications. A number of years ago, they would contact you anytime before the dates provided for testing.

28th of September- 9th of October(Assessment center Examination dates)

For example, if it is the 27th of September they could call you, if not email you to attend the assessment centre the next day. There is still hope.

Cheers! Hope I've helped

Ciaran

sosu89
20th Sep 2015, 07:37
I submitted my questions on the 8th. Still without reply :bored:

I guess whoever did not get a reply by Friday its game over :confused::confused:

Good luck who made it through.

Kermo Kermit
20th Sep 2015, 08:40
Seems strange that they have sent invites out but no rejections yet. What is the purpose of holding the rejection e-mails back? Could it be that only the invites for the first week of assessments have been sent out?

EZY_FR
20th Sep 2015, 11:05
Invites were sent out sporadically last year, don't worry!

AA757
20th Sep 2015, 11:20
Well you mentioned, that it would be Monday at the latest..

GeorgEGNT
21st Sep 2015, 08:33
I telephoned FTE today.

The representative confirmed that not all invites had been sent out and that they were expecting more to be sent out today.

A second chance. Good luck to all still waiting.

gordonquinn
21st Sep 2015, 13:15
Guessing most have now been told, oh well I got my SSEA rating today so I'll just enjoy that :ok:

EZY_FR
21st Sep 2015, 13:19
I'm really hoping we find out today, waiting to hear how I have done has been a killer!

aibkaresz
21st Sep 2015, 13:47
Also waiting for good news! Kills me too :ugh:

Cadet A320
21st Sep 2015, 13:47
I still didnt get any replies from FTE :/ Did anyone get rejected ??
Any hot news from FTE ??

Lucky_Luke2
21st Sep 2015, 14:46
Seriously I don't understand why you are so nervous guys.

I mean it's great opportunity, but there was close to nothing that we could have done that would have improved our chances or whatever.
So I'll wait whether I get an invitation or not, and if I wasn't succesfull, that's not my fault since you can't perform either good or bad in this kind of test, you just gotta write what you think.

EZY_FR
21st Sep 2015, 17:38
Interview invite received! Anyone going on the 6th October?

GeorgEGNT
21st Sep 2015, 17:46
Good stuff buddy.
Hopefully the floodgates will open now.

MarkSRFC
21st Sep 2015, 17:58
Congrats to those who have received positive news. Also received an invitation in the last half an hour. Check you junk folder guys, that's where I found mine.

banditb6
21st Sep 2015, 18:06
Still nothing for me as yet. What did the invite say? Is it just an assesment or will it be interview (single or group) also ?

GeorgEGNT
21st Sep 2015, 18:09
No invite at this end unfortunately :sad:

I did have an issue receiving FTE's first e-mail. I guess there is a tiny chance it could have happened again. Is the invite from FTE themselves?

Good luck to all of those making the trip to Dublin. Enjoy!

PPRuNeUser0207
21st Sep 2015, 18:18
Well done to everybody who has received invites so far and the very best of luck at the assessment stage.

Many Irish comrades getting invites?

Franchii
21st Sep 2015, 18:20
Application sent on Septembre, 3rd, and still awaiting for the email. Sounds really bad for me...
Crongrats for whose who has got a positive answer.

AA757
21st Sep 2015, 18:34
Franchii, no invitation received & I'm French as well

aanzanix
21st Sep 2015, 18:42
Still waiting

Kermo Kermit
21st Sep 2015, 19:56
Has anyone received a thanks but no thanks yet?

If they are done with sending out the invites then why have FTE not sent out any rejections. I wondered if the invites were being sent out based on the assessment dates are. It will be interesting to see if any invites are sent out tomorrow.

Would be nice to hear now though either way

Tristar95
21st Sep 2015, 20:32
Well done guys!
I'm Italian...I've heard nothing yet, but still waiting :rolleyes:

Gregitto
21st Sep 2015, 21:12
Applied 3rd September and still no answer, sounds kind of samey from what I'm reading... On another forum, a member posted that he had been informed that there was a "reserve list". FTE/Aer Lingus would pick names from this reserve list in the event that some of the invited candidates could not make it. They also added that the payment for the exams had to be made 4 working days prior to the event. This would mean apparently that we could still get answers until the 4th-5th October. This doesn't help much someone like me who needs to book a flight and accommodation!!! But if it gets me a fully sponsored flight training then I will take it gladly! Waiting impatiently for an answer, whether it is affirm or negative.

marco127
21st Sep 2015, 21:59
Same, French too, any foreigner called for an interview yet ?

:ok:

EZY_FR
21st Sep 2015, 22:15
The invite came from FTE.

LandingConfig
21st Sep 2015, 22:16
Still nothing here either... :confused:

EZY_FR
22nd Sep 2015, 07:05
Any news guys? Mary Jo from FTE told me that invites would be sent out Monday evening/ Tuesday. Dont give up!

Gregitto
22nd Sep 2015, 08:02
Still no news this morning. Hopefully there will be an e-mail waiting by tonight!

GeorgEGNT
22nd Sep 2015, 09:28
"Most were sent out on Friday."
"Another batch were sent out yesterday"
"The rest should be going out today"

EZY_FR
22nd Sep 2015, 09:35
More will be sent out mate, Im here in FTE right now and I spoke to the training advisers.

FlyVeryHigh-
22nd Sep 2015, 09:55
More will be sent out mate, Im here in FTE right now and I spoke to the training advisers.

What you doing down in FTE you big jet setter! Spain this week, Dublin the week after next?!

Gregitto
22nd Sep 2015, 10:11
Good news! Hopefully...

Garfly
22nd Sep 2015, 10:42
Just spoke with FTE. The replies are going out this afternoon and Wednesday at the latest. They said to double check Junk folders as well.

EZY_FR
22nd Sep 2015, 11:11
FTE Assessments and visiting friends

EZY_FR
22nd Sep 2015, 14:20
Anyone know the cheapest place to stay at for the assessment?

Speed_Alive_V1
22nd Sep 2015, 14:24
Any of the Dublin airport area hotels - they're about €49 a night normally

Is assessment in DCU again or where?

Airlinepilot1687
22nd Sep 2015, 15:38
Hello,

In regards to FTE saying they are still giving out invites, did they specify which day this would be until? Has any one had a thanks but no thanks email?

Kermo Kermit
22nd Sep 2015, 17:36
Anyone received any invites tonight?

Colbarr
22nd Sep 2015, 17:56
I received mine about an hour and a half ago. The 9th October. Delighted and relieved!

gordonquinn
22nd Sep 2015, 18:25
Got my rejection email, good luck to all those who got through this stage

polar25
22nd Sep 2015, 18:51
I don't suppose that they'll be sending any more invites out now? Just curious as to why some of us still haven't heard either way.

Kermo Kermit
22nd Sep 2015, 18:56
Could some people be being kept as stanby in case some people choose not to accept the invitations?

Have many received rejections?

Gregitto
22nd Sep 2015, 19:09
Yes there is a reserve list. I talk more about it in the previous page if you want to check it out. Still no answer on my end.

Jakub Velicka
22nd Sep 2015, 20:03
Still neither message today, so maybe the game continues.

EI-mech
22nd Sep 2015, 20:50
Got an invite today. Stay positive if you haven't heard!

POH
22nd Sep 2015, 21:19
Applied on 11th, no news until now.

CiaranMel
22nd Sep 2015, 21:30
I'm sorry to hear for those who have received rejection emails, there is always next year! Guys who haven't received a response, please be patient!!! You still have a chance. There's a lot of negativity in this forum, Stay positive!

I wish you the best for your future career
good luck

aibkaresz
23rd Sep 2015, 08:47
Anyone out of Ireland or the UK received an invite?

Edit: just got my rejection letter, good luck to all invited!

L8Aviator
23rd Sep 2015, 09:15
Rejection email received from FTE. Has anyone in their 30s (or beyond) received an invite to the assessment?

GeorgEGNT
23rd Sep 2015, 09:23
PFO received.
Good luck to all making the trip.

banditb6
23rd Sep 2015, 09:27
Its a no for me!:sad:

LandingConfig
23rd Sep 2015, 10:31
Finally got mine about 10 minutes ago, it's a no for me too.

Jakub Velicka
23rd Sep 2015, 11:08
No for me as well... never mind, good luck to all who made it!

Gregitto
23rd Sep 2015, 11:30
It's a no!

nodeh586
23rd Sep 2015, 12:49
@EZY

I am also attending on the 6th October.

See you there!

EZY_FR
23rd Sep 2015, 14:42
What time are you attending?

I'm really sorry to see all the rejection emails. Keep your chin up and use this as a learning experience!

Yaw damper 2013
23rd Sep 2015, 14:58
Did anyone get through who submitted their application after the 3rd sept?

EZY_FR
23rd Sep 2015, 14:59
I submitted mine on the 7th.

Yaw damper 2013
23rd Sep 2015, 15:09
I submitted mine on the 7th.

Thanks for the info, best of luck with the application

Aveheart
23rd Sep 2015, 16:11
Received a letter of rejection from FTE about 6 Hrs ago.
How many from outside UK, Ireland & Scotland received acceptance letter?
I was quiet sure of acceptance basis my answers to the essay questions. This came as a surprise!

Finals27
23rd Sep 2015, 16:23
Hi folks! I applied last year for this cadetship and thus would like to share some advice. If you have not heard anything back yet about being accepted for the assessment phase, then you are probably in a holding pool. I didn't hear back about the assessment stage until I got a phone call from FTEjerez directly, asking if I could come in for an assessment. I got this phone call (if my mind serves me correctly) early on in the final week of assessments. I got the call because a position had become available, for whatever reason. Thus as the saying goes, no news is good news, and you have the added advantage of more time to prepare. Be ready though to go at the last minute. Good luck!

nodeh586
23rd Sep 2015, 17:56
@EZY

8.30am start

It's an 8 hour day, so everyone starts together I think?

HeartyMeatballs
23rd Sep 2015, 18:20
Scotland is in the UK.

SomaliPilot
23rd Sep 2015, 18:36
Guys good luck got rejection letter too! It seems that the first candidates got selected and the shear volume of applicants overloaded FTE Jerez. Did anyone had a solid reason they got rejected? Mine just says due too much applicants they couldnt give feedback on my application. :ugh:

All my brothers in here good luck make sure you do your best!!!

Gregitto
23rd Sep 2015, 18:40
I believe that's the default answer for the candidates who didn't make it through.

Aveheart
23rd Sep 2015, 18:43
@HeartyMeatballs
Yes I am aware, that was just a typo in rush.

@somilipilot
Yes, That's the default answer everyone got.

Congrats to all who made it to the Assessment round.

L8Aviator
23rd Sep 2015, 18:51
@Somalipilot

What do you mean 'first candidates got selected'? Do you mean those who returned their answers earlier in the process were selected? Do you have anything to back up that theory?

Also, for anyone who made it through, are any of you over 30?

EZY_FR
23rd Sep 2015, 20:24
Guys good luck got rejection letter too! It seems that the first candidates got selected and the shear volume of applicants overloaded FTE Jerez. Did anyone had a solid reason they got rejected? Mine just says due too much applicants they couldnt give feedback on my application. :ugh:

All my brothers in here good luck make sure you do your best!!!
The ones got accepted to the next stage were invited based on the quality of their answers, NOT the first group of cadets that applied!

EZY_FR
23rd Sep 2015, 20:25
@EZY

8.30am start

It's an 8 hour day, so everyone starts together I think?

I start at 11am, and I was told my assessment would last approx 8 hours as well.

SomaliPilot
23rd Sep 2015, 21:10
@EZY_FR I see that makes sense now indeed. Either way good luck mate!

elijah sunwa
23rd Sep 2015, 21:21
am interested to be come one of the world best pilots. can i get an opportunity to train with you?

nodeh586
23rd Sep 2015, 22:57
@EZY

Fair enough, enjoy the lie in!

Seems there is more than one group a day...

L8Aviator
24th Sep 2015, 09:12
Do we know if each application was personally reviewed, or do they scan for key words?

Interested in if there were other criteria that had a real impact though could not be made formal, e.g. age of candidate, location etc.

I guess there will only be speculative answers on that.

Good luck to those through to Dublin.

Gregitto
24th Sep 2015, 10:09
@L8Aviator

I think with the amount of applications they received, they had to implement some sort of filtering system (possibly more complex than just age and location, but never the less, those two were probably in the criteria).
However, those who got through did so thanks to their past and present situation, as well as the quality of their answers, and therefore was well deserved. Well done!

Speed_Alive_V1
24th Sep 2015, 10:35
Anyone else waiting to hear?

I haven't heard anything either way at all

Finals27
24th Sep 2015, 13:20
Anyone else waiting to hear?

I haven't heard anything either way at all

You are probably on a reserve list if anyone pulls out...see my post on the previous page.

Tristar95
24th Sep 2015, 13:49
The same for me :)

EZY_FR
24th Sep 2015, 14:13
Each application was reviewed and read by a member of the selection team, I personally spoke to a member of the training advisor team about the form screening process.

SomaliPilot
24th Sep 2015, 16:11
@EZY_FR Could you perhaps share what they were looking for in each application? like the benchmark?

keyword? I mean the screening process thank you in advance!

EZY_FR
24th Sep 2015, 21:38
I have no idea what it was they were looking for. They did mention keywords, but it was, in general, down to what they called exceptional essay answers.

I spent a lot of time thinking about the qualities of a pilot and moulding my answers to fit those competencies. I also think part of it is down to your background as well, or your interest in aviation, what you studied, whether you've flown an aircraft before, etc. Think about what you could do to make yourself stand out when developing your answers, what have I done, or what can I do to show the airline why I deserve a shot?

EZY_FR
24th Sep 2015, 22:46
May be of interest to some...

FTE selected me in April for assessment for the BAFPP, I attended two further assessments at Waterside and was given a place on the BAFPP. Unfortunately due to a combination of my current employment contract and personal situation I was forced to turn down the BAFPP as I could not start the course until next year.

I applied to the Aer Lingus scheme and again spent time on my essay answers. I am an Irish national and it would have been an ideal opportunity for me. Alas, I was rejected by FTE.

So less that six months after FTE told me I was a suitable candidate for the BAFPP, something that I subsequently proved by gaining a place, they have told me they now no longer consider me worthy of an assessment. To me that does not give me much confidence in their recruitment process. I am not naive enough to expect that success at the BAFPP automatically guarantees me a place with Aer Lingus. But what I am surprised at is that when FTE and BA previously identified me as having a high level of aptitude for flight training, I was rejected at an early stage.

Finally, I might add that I am 34, which I suspect had an awful lot to do with the response. Something that is of course illegal under EU law, but impossible to prove.

Fostex

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. To go through all that prep for BA and find out you can't do it due to commitments must feel awful. Chin up mate, that golden opportunity is waiting for you!

HeartyMeatballs
24th Sep 2015, 23:09
It's unfortunate about the BAFPP however they're probably thinking so,etching along the lines of 'if he turned down the BAFPP, who's to say he won't turn it down this time?'

piravlos01
25th Sep 2015, 09:33
Finally, I might add that I am 34, which I suspect had an awful lot to do with the response. Something that is of course illegal under EU law, but impossible to prove

There was no box to submit your age at the Aer Lingus application form.

Gregitto
25th Sep 2015, 11:03
There was no box to submit your age at the Aer Lingus application form.
If I remember correctly, they did ask for your date of birth.

GTTDI GOD
25th Sep 2015, 11:52
They did not ask d.o.b. only if you are over 18.

FlyVeryHigh-
25th Sep 2015, 17:18
Did anyone get an email confirmation of payment for Assessment Centre?

I paid and took a screenshot of the screen a few days ago, but haven't received any email confirmation.

When paying it got on to the screen where my authorisation code was on the bottom right, and when I pressed continue it just took me back to the FTE Jerez page to enter my details again (Name, DoB, Email etc)

EI-mech
26th Sep 2015, 10:57
Did anyone get an email confirmation of payment for Assessment Centre?

I paid and took a screenshot of the screen a few days ago, but haven't received any email confirmation.

When paying it got on to the screen where my authorisation code was on the bottom right, and when I pressed continue it just took me back to the FTE Jerez page to enter my details again (Name, DoB, Email etc)

I had exactly the same experience except when it gave the option to print the receipt, I clicked print and saved it as a PDF.
You have proof of payment which is all FTE require so don't worry about it.

FlyVeryHigh-
26th Sep 2015, 16:25
I had exactly the same experience except when it gave the option to print the receipt, I clicked print and saved it as a PDF.
You have proof of payment which is all FTE require so don't worry about it.

Ah no worries, I'll just get my printscreen printed out!

Cheers!

Mazzy28
26th Sep 2015, 17:25
Afternoon chaps,

Anyone attending the assessment centre on the 28.09.15? Look forward to seeing some of you there, and the best of luck to all.

Cheers

Glida
26th Sep 2015, 23:08
Good luck everyone for your interviews! have mine soon :hmm:

EZY_FR
27th Sep 2015, 07:52
Good luck to all those doing the assessments this week!

Rupert369
27th Sep 2015, 11:57
Is anyone here going to assesment on 2nd October?

Good luck to everyone!

UAQ805
27th Sep 2015, 12:42
Is anyone going to assessments on the 30th September? Also, am I right in thinking that this is an assessment day with FTE, and the subsequent interview is with Flybe themselves?

UAQ805
27th Sep 2015, 12:45
Is anyone going to assessment on the 30th of September?

Also, is this the FTE assessment and the subsequent one is with Aer Lingus?

EZY_FR
27th Sep 2015, 18:25
The assessment is ran by FTE at Aer Lingus' headquarters in Dublin.

UAQ805
27th Sep 2015, 19:10
Will the day be anything about Aer Lingus in particular, or is it purely the entrance assessments for FTE?

Speed_Alive_V1
27th Sep 2015, 20:39
Last year there was a Q&A session with an EI captain (ex-cadet). It was a sit down and he went through what to expect from company and what would be expected of you, and the likes. It was quite informative. I remember last year someone asked whether it would be ATPL or MPL and he wasn't certain

Also received my invite so shall see some of you folks soon.

EZY_FR
27th Sep 2015, 21:37
I think the scheme will run as an ATPL programme this year. As a result of new regulations, I believe FTE is not allowed to run any MPLs, which is why the Flybe cadets have had to have their MPL scheme converted into an ATPL.

BTW, well done Speed Alive! When are you attending the assessment?

EZY_FR
27th Sep 2015, 22:01
UAQ Yes, there will be some involvement with Aer Lingus. As with any job interview you go for, you should think about what you would do to prepare. What do companies want to hear, want would they want from you, etc?

nodeh586
28th Sep 2015, 21:34
Regarding the payment,

I had to have two attempts, first time one of my cards failed (no idea why) but it stated "Method of payment nonavailable for its card"

Second, another card went through and gave me a receipt so to speak.

Speed_Alive_V1
29th Sep 2015, 10:21
Oh it's back to ATPL? That's very interesting, I had thought it was an MPL.

So the guys last year thought they were going to an MPL course but ended up doing ATPL?

My assessment is near the end of next week, enjoying my preparation at the moment and glad to still be in the game. It's nice we are in Shamrock House at this point and not a different location - closer to airport and get to meet more company staff.

Best of luck to all doing their assessments at the moment.

Approach27L
30th Sep 2015, 22:40
Evening all,

Anyone attending Shamrock House on the 9th October?