PDA

View Full Version : EK DropOff:White Lexus and Taxis Gone

tinfish
31st Aug 2015, 07:51
30 Pilots waiting 30-40 minutes to go home at 0630 this morning. Was told some plonker decided we had adequate Volvos to do the job and cancelled the contract of the hire cars. This mornings wait could be the new norm.

SOPS
31st Aug 2015, 08:05
Somebody trying to increase their bonus.....again.

nakbin330
31st Aug 2015, 08:50
Write to JA. No point writing anything here.

jack schidt
31st Aug 2015, 08:54
Drop is off not important as thats in YOUR time, but pickups important as you are affecting THIER OPERATION.

Call the FDM, I have had the FDM downstairs at the transport area before who has logged the complaint of the mass of pilots waiting for a trip home.

Note that a driver SHIFT change is often at a peak arrival / departure time and can often have many pilots waiting for transportation. Who would have thought? :ugh:

J

Monarch Man
31st Aug 2015, 09:18
Had the same issue a few days back, quick call to the FDM to log the complaint, email to all and sundry, and of course a word of encouragement to the guys and girls behind the desk who cop it quite unnecessarily from tired pissed of crew. Have a heart, it's not their fault, they are being taken the p1ss out of as much as we are. As usual it's the slow boil treatment, bit by bit things will get worse in this respect unless we stop rolling over.

springbok449
31st Aug 2015, 13:55
I think a lot of people have stopped rolling over already, u fortunately there are many more who will always roll over... The ones who have stopped are already starting to make things difficult...

QCM
31st Aug 2015, 15:40
20 mn X 3/week x 47 weeks/year is about 6 days waiting... Then waiting for the cc to clean the aircraft another week...13 days waiting...

Plazbot
31st Aug 2015, 15:58
Glad you are not a math teacher........

bogeydope
31st Aug 2015, 17:46
Plazbot:ok::ok:

Good one!!:):D:D

Hate this auto spell check!!

QCM
31st Aug 2015, 19:02
Plazboot...probably you're a math genius,but you don't get the idea behind the message...anyway might be less,but still boring loosing life waiting...

Three Wire
1st Sep 2015, 09:45
Plazbot is one of the guys you perhaps regularly talk to. I would surmise that his level of agility in mental mathematics is better than most pilots.
:hmm:

170to5
1st Sep 2015, 11:04
I'd say he got the message perfectly QCM but your awful basic maths made a bigger impact on him!

I really hope that we're not down to the level where that passes as being included in "Advanced Maths for Pilots"!

If it does, I'm cycling next time!

captainsmiffy
1st Sep 2015, 11:18
QCM.....the time lost might be well spent learning tthe difference between 'loosing' and 'losing'....?!! Only joshing, dont take a fence (or is it 'offence'?!!)

Panther 88
1st Sep 2015, 13:36
Simple really, call to FDM and a follow up letter to TOGA and cc TCAS. Will anything improve? Who knows, but with factual info and no emotion, someone might at least make a call (certainly won't be TCAS). We have to stop the rolling over and stop worrying about sending emails, facts only and no emotion. But remember, every email sent is copied into one's "permanent record".

QCM
1st Sep 2015, 21:59
Good job Panther...back to the thread!
Tooo baad loosing energy with natural english speakers counting numbers and vowels!
Enough cars should be provided at peak times...with healthy drivers not falling asleep...as tired as me.

alwayzinit
2nd Sep 2015, 07:36
It's not just the trip home that has now become a bind, was picked up the other day for a "frighter" trip out of DWC.

" hello chum, do you know the way?" "Yes, sir." "Excellent, then why are we heading towards Shajah Old chap?":ugh:

That will learn me to read the paper......................................

Ezekiel
2nd Sep 2015, 07:53
Has anybody heard of a bad accident involving crew transport recently? Heard a rumour yesterday.

harry the cod
2nd Sep 2015, 13:57
There was one about a month or so ago involving multiple vehicles. Fatality to National, one slight injury to Pilot(s)?, more so to driver who was hospitalised. Maybe this is what you're referring to?

Harry

QCM
6th Sep 2015, 05:59
Truck driver probably on a 97hrs roster didn"t brake at intersection or red light...

anson harris
6th Sep 2015, 09:03
Are there many nationals driving trucks in the UAE?

harry the cod
6th Sep 2015, 13:28
QCM

Don't be so ridiculous. It's 72 hours and no more.........a week! :eek:

Harry

TangoUniform
6th Sep 2015, 14:38
Don't worry fellas, rumour is we will be driving ourselves in the near future. The parking lot out back behind the EGHQ under the metro will soon be expanded and allow for pilot parking. Enjoy the Volvo while you can.....

flareflyer
6th Sep 2015, 14:59
it could be a good thing.
So we will all check in 1 hour before and we won't be able to read GABI before.......:ugh::ugh:

Emma Royds
7th Sep 2015, 08:55
Has anybody heard of a bad accident involving crew transport recently? Heard a rumour yesterday.

I heard a rumour a couple of days ago of a serious accident very recently involving two of our colleagues in a Volvo en route to EGHQ. One was killed and one seriously injured.

If it's true then one would expect to at least hear something but I am sure the company would do all that it can to hide such an event from us and especially the general public. I sincerely hope it's only a rumour with no substance to it.

helen-damnation
7th Sep 2015, 08:59
Based on recent history, I would have expected a letter from JA or above informing of the event.

Nothing received so far, hopefully it's just a rumour :(

bia botal
7th Sep 2015, 09:56
No rumour Helen, I've seen the photos, Volvo was totalled, both ends of the car impacted, with the back end completely compressed! It looked very nasty!

Emma Royds
7th Sep 2015, 10:24
Were those pictures not from the accident that happened a couple of months or so ago?

bia botal
7th Sep 2015, 10:42
Possibly, I saw them about a week ago, so if it's happened since then I guess your right!

QCM
7th Sep 2015, 10:50
No national driving trucks...national killed in his LC,volvo hit as well by a truck...I saw pics...

flaphandlemover
7th Sep 2015, 11:21
Well there is a National driving a truck. Saw it a couple of years parked on Jumeirah beach... Loots of bling bling, but for sure not a utility truck😄😄😄😄
Rather than driving a Rolls , he drives a Kennworth or was it a MAC...
So yes, there are local truck drivers...😄😄

QCM
7th Sep 2015, 13:10
Yeah saw that truck on beach too...
On the crash site there were not any traces of braking... Surely the truck driver was sleeping...on another scale they are as squeezed as they can be... But they are not " drivers with hat"