PDA

View Full Version : What's a Professional Pilot Program Diploma worth? Anything?

joelisbaker
15th Aug 2015, 16:31
Hi there,
I will be starting out at Aerosim in Sanford, FL this coming week, I have my PPL so I will start with IR all the way through CFI.

I need to make the following decision -
Join the Part 141 accredited Professional Pilot Program or do the Part 141 Stand Alone.

Graduating from the PPP results in being handed a physical diploma. With that diploma you can get credits at colleges etc... but it's obviously not a degree of any kind.

Doing the stand alones you obviously just get the individual certificates/licenses. Both paths are exactly the same course, just a difference of contract and binding and especially debts in the case of dropout.

Later on when dealing with airlines or jobs in general, is that "diploma" from the accredited program going to help in any way, or is it completely sufficient to stick to the individual ratings?

There are some other pros and cons such as accrued interest during loan disbursement and that the accredited course allows for partial funding through FAFSA, but at this moment I'm highly interested in learning whether or not that "diploma" is worth anything later on down the road.

Tinstaafl
15th Aug 2015, 16:56
Not worth anything in the job market. It's main benefit is for financial aid (if any) or possible future college credit.

Transsonic2000
16th Aug 2015, 14:05
As already mentioned above, forget the "Diploma" it's not worth the paper it's printed on! Especially in Germany/Europe absolutely useless! All what counts here in Europe is the EASA license! As a EU-citizen no US Airline will hire you anyway, as long as yo don't have the legal right to live and work in the US and for most non US-citizens this means a green-card, work visa is not sufficient. Anyway, good luck!