View Full Version : European Flight Training School, Fort Pierce, Florida, USA

olah90
12th Aug 2015, 05:45
Hallo there guys. How good is the European flight training
school which is in Fort Pierce Florida,USA. has anyone trained
with them and how good are their EASA Programs

flying apprentice
14th Aug 2015, 07:26
Suggest you use the search button first.

If there are any specific questions about the school then post them in here, but how good a school is really is very subjective.

As is visiting a school for yourself.

Booglebox
21st Sep 2015, 22:40
Stay away. Literally anywhere else is better, unless you are a billionaire and don't care about spending $50k and 3 years on your PPL.

As they say: "the difference is the approach"...

Rauhtom
4th Oct 2015, 16:50
Booglebox is telling you the truth, but...

If you wanna learn the hard way like many many other guys over there, there is only one to blame. You have been warned and if and when you lose the money, dont come crying here.

I am not going to mention any other school as an option for training, so that people dont think Im here to advertise, but you get cheaper and better training in Europe.

Been there done that.

Wish you pleasant times during your training!

Johnny Bekkestad
21st Oct 2015, 03:26
That is a complete BULL cr@p.
Way to exaggerated, no one has EVER paid EFT 50K and took 3 years to get a PPL.

You might not like the school, perhaps you went there and did not succeed in the amount of time and budget you thought. But a lot of people do actually go there and do all their training within time.

Here is my standpoint, no school, regardless of where you go. Has as a policy to "milk the cow". Perhaps schools in the US need to be better on accepting students, though aptitude test etc.
A person who needs 50 hours to solo, and 100 hour for a ppl, will need those hours wherever he or she goes.

I'm a flight instructor today, at Aviator (which is EFTs neighboring school). The regulations allow me to teach up to 8 hours a day. If i have happy students, i will get my 8 hours a day. If i treat my students in a bad way and in an unprofessional manner, i will not have students to fly at all.

There are a few different kinds of students. Some will be very successful, some really want to be pilots, but are just not cut for it, some others were pushed into something they don't really want to do. And other want to experience the Florida lifestyle and have fun and party.

Florida will provide you with 24/7 flying pretty much 365 days a year. There are a lot of airplanes at Aviator/EFT. So the maintenance will not really be an issue.

And lastly, when you choose a school, make sure
1. 1.5 * Budget
2. 2 * time planned
3. Dedicate yourself 110%
4. Acknowledge early that you have problems and ask for help
5. Be prepared and be ready
6. Have fun

And as long as you are not one of those who just were not meant to fly a plane, you will be FINE.

Good luck in your search

p.s I always show my name, i do not have anything to hide and i am not affiliated with the school asked about.

50North
21st Oct 2015, 08:40
p.s I always show my name, i do not have anything to hide and i am not affiliated with the school asked about.

Johnny,
I think you need to be honest, your p.s is misleading. Everyone knows that a certain person MC, owns both schools, and pays your salary's at Aviator just as he pays the salary's at EFT.

Johnny Bekkestad
21st Oct 2015, 23:36
You are partially right, or at least to my best knowledge. MC is not the sole owner of EFT. When i taught there 5 tears ago he was 1/3 or 1/4. I have just returned to Aviator so i don't know if that ratio has changed.

Rossdeth320
9th Mar 2017, 08:41
Hello guyz,

I was planning to undergo the FI course at EFT.
I've read all of your posts about your experiences, particularly about those with Stephen Fisher.

Since those post were written not less than two years ago, is the situation still the same? Did they improve their downsides?

That course would be very nice for me, since it's just 4 weeks (In EU lasts for too long), but I don't want to make a decision based on risk.

Thank you for your help.

rudestuff
9th Mar 2017, 21:11
'Sat in on my solo XC checkride...' Now I've heard it all!

Reverserbucket
16th Mar 2017, 11:40
Do EFT have a tie up with a European based ATO? I don't see any reference to EASA IR's on their website - do they conduct IR training at Fort Pierce?

dera
21st Mar 2017, 08:41
Hi there,

You will most likely be taught by Darrell. He's a lovely chap, with a ridiculous amount of experience from the right hand seat. He sat in on my Solo XC checkride back in Late 2015 and undertook a few lessons with me. You're in safe hands!

DT is a great guy, he's still there. He's the only one doing FI(A) though so be mindful of scheduling issues.

cefey
21st Mar 2017, 16:50
Aviator is by far the worst I have encountered during my training. I heard and witnessed too many horrible stories. The ONLY thing they care about, is to take your money. They will lie to your face, over and over again. Just horrible. Trump seems like an angel, compared to them.

EFT is kind off their partner? So be careful.

dera
21st Mar 2017, 21:03
EFT does rip their students off with their billing practices.
Hobbs runs when master switch is turned on, so you're paying full flight time even when you're doing your pre/post flight checks...

shamrock88
15th Jul 2017, 10:45
Hi, been planning on attending EFT for their EASA FI Rating.

Any recent experience of this course?

AlexanderH
15th Jul 2017, 14:49
Good school. I went there back in 2011-2012. Got everything I wanted and didn't go over my budget. Please don't PM me as I've already spent a lot of time replying on this subject.

Vernand
3rd Jul 2019, 04:03
I finished my ppl with NR with 51hrs at EFT. SF was my examiner and I only have good things to say about the school. Considering the lack of instructors on any EASA school and lack of availability to start a course at the moment, I would say that’s ok. Its a small school but I managed to fly almost every day of the week. Those are my 5cents. Good luck with your training.

miguel22
3rd Jul 2019, 07:34
I finished my ppl with NR with 51hrs at EFT. SF was my examiner and I only have good things to say about the school. Considering the lack of instructors on any EASA school and lack of availability to start a course at the moment, I would say that’s ok. Its a small school but I managed to fly almost every day of the week. Those are my 5cents. Good luck with your training.

Sent you a PM