PDA

View Full Version : ATPL exams without school

JamesAbram
3rd Aug 2015, 11:47
Hi all, and thanks in advance for any help.

I'm wondering if this is at all possible. I have an FAA cpl, but want to complete the ATPL ground exams as soon as possible. As a cost saving exercise, would it be possible for me to obtain the study materials ( I have a friend who has them and will give them to me )

Then just sit the exams without being registered with a school?

This would be perfect for me, as I can continue to work and sit the exams when I feel ready.

thanks all

ersa
4th Aug 2015, 03:48
Unless you have an ATPL with multi crew, etc..

Your going to have to enrol on a school in order to sign you off to sit the exams.

I can highly recommend Caledonian Advanced Pilot Training - Quality Training For Safer Pilots (http://www.captonline.com)

Paco is the guy on here who, runs the school

Good luck with the exams ....

paco
4th Aug 2015, 06:03
That's confirmed, with your experience, you do need to be registered with an approved school, but that's nothing to do with how quickly you can do the studies. We have had people through in 3 months, but tthat was with taking all 14 exams at once.

Phil

JamesAbram
4th Aug 2015, 08:38
Thanks for the advice guys.

I didn't realise I'd need to be signed off to sit the exams, so that's cleared things up for me. Thanks again.

JamesAbram
4th Aug 2015, 10:37
Hi Paco.

I'm wondering if I can pick your brains regarding the ATPL's?

Thanks

Bubinga
4th Aug 2015, 13:45
That's confirmed, with your experience, you do need to be registered with an approved school, but that's nothing to do with how quickly you can do the studies. We have had people through in 3 months, but tthat was with taking all 14 exams at once.

Phil

All 14 at once? That's impressive, did they even sleep during those 3 months? :rolleyes:

paco
4th Aug 2015, 14:35
I'm not sure - they do tend to be Germans :)

I did mine in 8 weeks back in the day, as did many of my military colleagues, and the UK exams weren't so different then. But then we had a bit of a head start :)

Phil