PDA

View Full Version : eswap @ Emirates

GoreTex
26th Jul 2015, 08:11
Gents,

make life easier for everybody involved and when you want to swap a flight, don't send a text or email, send a swap request, some of us don't check their emails or use a company phone.

When I switch my phone on during STBY I always receive several text messages from people who want to swap a flight but never sent me a swap request, its very easy when you check if the swap is legal to click on send request, on the other hand people send emails without even checking if the swap is legal and sometimes its not.

Just use the system and make life easy

170to5
26th Jul 2015, 09:39
Just to play devil's advocate GT, I actually get wound up if someone tries to swap a trip for my days off, or tries to take a layover off me in order for me to do their awful night turnarounds and only bothers to put it through the system.

If it's almost a like-for-like trip, fair enough but if you want to do my WAW and are offering me a night BEY or that s*dding night AMM (that would be a 330 special, gents), text me and explain why! If you're trying to fly relatives home, or need to be home for some reason, most people I have spoken to will be decent and help you out, even if it means giving up a day off - not that it'll help soon of course.

It's only polite - eSwap is, for a lot of people I have spoken to, perfect if you can't be bothered to actually speak to your colleague!

Also, don't you HAVE to check your company email in order to know somebody's sent you a request?!

And as for paying for flights, it's a sad reflection, and a real reflection on the mentality that pervades life over here that your colleagues will only help you out if you pay them.

Rant over.

GoreTex
26th Jul 2015, 10:15
you don't have to check your email, just log into eswap and you see the swap requests

Enos
26th Jul 2015, 10:22
I agree with 170to5 and its just getting harder and harder to swap.

Put in an eswap then email the guy to briefly explain why you want the swap.

I don't even mind if the guy sends a text to my personal mobile (sent you an eswap)

If its rubbish for a good trip with no explanation, would anybody swap without an explanation.

I always reply yes or no to a swap request, so at least the guy can keep on trying and know where he or she stands.

We can at least respect the people we work with.

GoreTex
26th Jul 2015, 10:26
thats my point, don't send a text without an eswap, I will then reject or accept

nakbin330
26th Jul 2015, 15:39
Personally, I'm not interested in the reason why a swap is wanted. If the trip offered is a fair ask, I'll usually action the swap.

170to5
26th Jul 2015, 16:26
Nakbin...that's fine but when you get asked to swap your days off in order to take somebody's sh*tty night turn, would you reject it irrelevant of the reason?

I have previously given people two days off and taken some fair rubbish (is there any good stuff on the 330?) because they were trying to get home for events etc, the sort of reasons we all have from time to time. I accepted those swaps because I would hope that my colleagues would extend me the same helping hand if I needed it...I rejected one request for days off to take a 520 (Trv) and a BAH that had absolutely no explanation whatsoever. If he'd been in touch and said that he was trying to join some days off for some good reason, or that he'd requested the time because he had visitors, I'd probably have done it.

Emma Royds
27th Jul 2015, 10:14
170to5

I like yourself appreciate a text or an email and have often done the same when I request a swap and I have done that out of courtesy more than anything. What is alarming however, is I have heard a few stories of the same individuals repeatedly using the same stories of long lost relatives visiting Dubai etc. Such cases will very much be in the minority but we have some colleagues amongst us, that wont think twice to abuse the goodwill of their fellow colleagues. := := :=

Monarch Man
27th Jul 2015, 10:30
Can't help but echo the previous statements, I have done my best in the past accepting a swap due to the swapper taking an extra minute to explain the reason, wedding, funeral, kids graduation etc etc.
What I can't understand and generally have a sense of humour failure because of it, is those individuals who lack the basic manners to offer an explaination as to why I should swap my PRG for their MLE and COK.
Have we lost all our human decency living in this place? or did some never have it in the first place?

Stjuk
27th Jul 2015, 12:29
I think the reason for the swap is important. If it is to go home for whatever reason, go to a wedding somewhere or similar things it's a good idea to send a text so we can help each other out.

Otherwise I really don't need to know why. What's a good flight or a good destinations? We all have different preferences, so I don't care what swaps people are asking from me. If I have time I'll just press Reject if it doesn't suit me. And then the other pilot can get on with other options.

I honestly don't understand why a lot of you get offended. I don't think it is a lack of courtesy, I do however think it is a lack of courtesy not to press Accept or Reject if you have the time.

GoreTex
27th Jul 2015, 13:31
my point is don't just send a text, send a swap request as well, no swap request no swap, skip the text if you want but send a swap request :{

N1LNAVVNAV
27th Jul 2015, 14:19
Hi folks
At my company we have Trip Trades (AIMS) and a (Private) Google group (per fleet type and rank).

It's easy to just post on the group the days OFF, Trips and vacations that you want to trade, Personal Phone/Whassap number and employee ID. As example

BOS 10/10
Dear mates,
I'm giving away UP331 to BOS dep August 10 ETD 1000, return UP332 August 13 ETA 2100. For days OFF Or day turn arounds ONLY

John Deer
ID 787380
Whassap 301 777 3403