PDA

View Full Version : Far Right and Proud. Reggie Yates.

glad rag
23rd Jul 2015, 21:54
BBC Three - Reggie Yates' Extreme Russia, Far Right & Proud (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05r844j)

Brave lad indeed.

VinRouge
23rd Jul 2015, 21:59
Hope Russia are enjoying cheap cheap oil for the next decade. And bankruptcy .

glad rag
23rd Jul 2015, 22:03
"Burn on the cross" eh Vin, obviously you are not watching what happened ............................................................ ............................................................ .....................................................

"we don't say "nigger" here; just African American....but I'm British....Oh...

VinRouge
23rd Jul 2015, 22:07
Yep watching it. Lots of xenophobia, hatred of immigrants, sneering at difference, worshipping nationalism.

glad rag
23rd Jul 2015, 22:09
So what about the young lady who demonstrated what would happen if you crossed mother Russia. You do recall the fashion shoot, yes? What was her name?

And the playing cards, yes, you remember what was printed on them?

VinRouge
23rd Jul 2015, 22:12
Big nuke. Looked like the tsar bomb. Would be a poster picture for the DM if she was wearing a ukip flag and saying the same.

glad rag
23rd Jul 2015, 22:14
Yes, and....

VinRouge
23rd Jul 2015, 22:23
All a pretty hideous example of the far right fringe. Just as toxic and destructive as religious extremeism. Shame one national newspaper gets away with a less extreme but similar underlying message.

Big kahuna s to reggie for going over there. Wouldn't be on my holiday list right now as a westerner, especially as things hot up over the next few years.

glad rag
23rd Jul 2015, 22:34
"If we don't like the film, we'll send a killer to England."

Pt2 next week. god help us.

Still Vlads got the yuppies on-message.....

Trim Stab
24th Jul 2015, 04:55
You could travel around the USA and find people just as bigoted, uber-nationalistic, and ignorant.

Hempy
24th Jul 2015, 05:49
You could travel around PPRuNe and find people just as bigoted, uber-nationalistic, and ignorant.

Fixed that for you :ok:

P6 Driver
24th Jul 2015, 07:43
I've never heard of this chap so I'm completely ignorant as to his background - Military Aviation rather than Jet Blast?

Could someone enlighten me please?

Kitbag
24th Jul 2015, 09:48
I was thinking the same having watched it, this chap is a disc jockey on R1. He certainly doesn't fit my preconceptions of djs. Good reporting of this nature is what the BBC is about.

Heathrow Harry
24th Jul 2015, 11:31
WAS a radio 1 Dj - never a great sucess but since moviing on he does specials - seems to have a genuine ability to get people to talk openly to him..........