PDA

View Full Version : IR(H) to IR(A) Conversion

CJ2002K
23rd Jul 2015, 21:39
Hi all,

This has probably been asked before but would welcome any relevant and up to date advice.

I've recently done my IR(H) on the 109 however with the oil industry going belly up I'm considering fixed wing.

I completed EFT on the grob but haven't touched fixed wing since and currently sit on just over 300 hours, mostly on rotary.

My question is how/can I convert my IR(H) to an IR(A) and what would I be accredited with etc. appreciate any help what so ever

Yours Aye

Mac

GipsyMagpie
24th Jul 2015, 06:01
So, usual advice - its in CAP804. Relevant section is 1.4.L - Modular training course for IR(A).

Essentially you need your PPL(A) as a minimum. If you haven't done CPL(A) don't do it first because the credit works best if you do IR first. You need some x-country time on aircraft (10) and then at least 40 more on others. You'll also want your night rating on aeroplanes. Then its just 10 hrs training. Clearly you'd probably want a twin IR so factor that in too. No exams to do either although if future aim is ATPL(A) then you will need to do about 5...just not specifically for the IR.