PDA

View Full Version : HIGH SECURITY at BA Waterside

BRISTOLRE
14th Jun 2002, 07:39
Does anyone know why there has been a large scale security operation on the entrance to BAs Waterside Complex (Waterworld) over the last 2 days??

Dog handlers, Security Vans and people in hi-vi coats patrolling all around the main gates, all buses turned away and staff made to walk the remainder of the distance?

Why is this anyone know??:confused:

Dog Vans
Patrolmen
Buses turned away???

flt_lt_w_mitty
14th Jun 2002, 07:49
I believe it was due to the delivery of the latest 'incentives' for the board and senior management, kindly donated as usual by the shareholders and staff.

You cannot be too careful when dealing with that much cash.

Notso Fantastic
14th Jun 2002, 10:01
You will find some outside company allegedly with links to animal testing has contracted the use of the theatre at Waterside HQ. In expectation of the possibility of animal rights demonstrations, additional security has been laid on. End of drama.

M.Mouse
14th Jun 2002, 10:06
Well, broadcasting that fact should ensure a good turnout of protesters!

BOAC
14th Jun 2002, 10:36
Just hope all those rabbits in Watership Down will be ok!http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/laugh.gif

Carnage Matey!
14th Jun 2002, 10:40
Either that or they've got word that theres yet another convoy of gypos on the way trying to exercise their 'right' to camp on BA property. You should see the disgusting mess they left last time.

newswatcher
14th Jun 2002, 11:18
...so not delivering new "coke" machines then!

:D :D

Notso Fantastic
14th Jun 2002, 11:19
MM- I don't think many ppruners are going to rush over to Watership Down with their placards and crash helmets on on the basis of that information! I think it's all over now!

DarkStar
14th Jun 2002, 12:08
A company called Marsh are holding a conference at Waterworld. Marsh are involved with Huntingdon Sciences, whom I believe undertake animal experiments. SHAC, an animal liberation group have an ongoing campaign and target Marsh when and wherever possible...hence the Police and Security.

What possessed BA to get involved with such a provocative and potential PR disaster? Money, I suppose....:rolleyes:

Roobarb
14th Jun 2002, 13:24
The security operation was started after a tip off that an Al-Qaeda cell was operating out of BA's corporate palace. The team managed to apprehend a number of suspects including bin-Shopping, bin-Golfing, bin-Surfing and bin-Nail Varnishing. The sweep could not however locate bin-Working.

The tip off was received after it was alleged that a number of attackers had been systematically destroying one of the finest airlines in the World from the inside. It is now thought that everyone in Waterside is involved in this scandal.

A spokesperson said that a new attempt to stop the damage would involve sealing Waterside and sending everyone away, and then seeing if anyone notices.:rolleyes:

http://www.sausagenet.freeserve.co.uk/roobarb/roobarb_laugh.jpg
I'll take on the opposition anyday. It's the management I can't beat!

BOAC
14th Jun 2002, 13:31
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/laugh.gif

Notso Fantastic
14th Jun 2002, 13:34
Darn! Did the US Marines catch my old pals in there bin PotPlanting and bin Fengshuiing? (that was actually really rather funny.......it made me smile........see.......look harder)

doubledolphins
14th Jun 2002, 13:46
Can it be realy true that the company that stopped the wearing of felt hats because they were made from fluffy bunny fur is hosting such a conference? Must be a mistake.