PDA

View Full Version : southern/eastern interview!

nickmelb
14th Jun 2002, 04:38
hey guys and girls.

got a call today from someone at southern doing recruitment for eastern! wohooooooo..cabincrew.staffcv.com really does work! anyways i just want to know what anyone knows about eastern i know that they fly the DASH 8 100 200 and 300...where are their flight attendants based? etc etc

thanks

nick!:D

flightbunny
14th Jun 2002, 05:25
:) lucky you... i have had my cv on that site for ages and i have had no luck.. well i lie if you count vb... so frustrating...

was the recruitment for melb??? if you could let me know that would be :cool:

apart from that good luck:)

nickmelb
14th Jun 2002, 05:30
flightbunny

not sure if it is for melb base or not....im easy though happy to move if it all works out...

i had phone calls from 2 other people who also got interviews...we all had out cv's on the cabincrew website....maybe u may get a call! they are still ringin people now!

let me know!

stormywx
14th Jun 2002, 07:50
EAA are currently looking for Syd based FA's only. Any Melb based positions (and there will only be a few) will goto ex Southern crew first on a bidding basis.

Cheers

FloatJockey
15th Jun 2002, 09:20
Heard last night from Eastern source: ex Southern F/As that couldn't relocate had the option to go for the big Q. If this is true, Eastern are currently hiring to replace them. Selection process is still happening under Southern H.R.

I have the feeling it will be MEL based 'cause candidates selected are all from VIC, but again, I could be wrong...

Mrs. FJ

QANTAS
15th Jun 2002, 10:26
Float Jockey did you read my message? Id love to send you a e mial.

FloatJockey
16th Jun 2002, 14:54
QANTAS, GIVE US A BREAK! YOU CANNOT GO ON DESTROYING EVERY CONVERSATION BY JUMPING IN WITH ANNOYING AND TEASING MESSAGES!!!...

IF YOU WISH TO E-MAIL ME, PLEASE FEEL FREE! I'LL BE VERY PLEASED TO HEAR ALL YOUR FRUSTRATION IN PRIVATE! WHILE DOING SO, ALSO REMEMBER TO READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (A GUIDE TO HOW TO USE THIS SITE IN A POSITIVE AND CORRECT MANNER...), YOU'LL FIND THEM ON THE OPENING PAGE OF PPRUNE.

THIS IS THE LAST TIME I ANSWER TO ANY OF YOUR POSTS ON PPRUNE AND I HOPE WITH THIS IT WILL BE OVER.

SORRY TO EVERYONE BUT I DON'T REALLY HAVE THE CHOICE...
:rolleyes:

A triffle upset - Mrs. FloatJockey

-----------------------------------------------------------
What to do, what to do...

nickmelb
18th Jun 2002, 07:52
hi guys

had my 1 on 1 interview today with southern staff working on behalf of eastern....yes its for melb base position..also mildura base....dont know when i will find out......i await my fate

cheers and have fun everyone :)

nickmelb
18th Jun 2002, 08:55
oh

forgot to mention....interviewer was really nice made u feel at ease.....no group activities! that was a relief!!

nice people

kjay
18th Jun 2002, 10:30
Sounds like it was a nice and comfortable interview. If you felt at ease you probably did really well.
Anyway best of luck, let us all know when you hear.
CHEERS;)

flightbunny
18th Jun 2002, 23:02
good to hear it went well nick, best of luck... i've resent my application to eastern and souther thru staff cv hopefully i'll get a call...although im not holding my breath......

:D

penny_benjamin
20th Jun 2002, 08:57
FYI,
App. Eastern F/A's just recieved Internal Vacancy Notices to express their interest in Melb basing.
App's have to be in by end of June.
Not sure on numbers though...
The plot thickens.
pb:eek:

nickmelb
20th Jun 2002, 11:53
interesting :cool:

flightbunny
21st Jun 2002, 00:03
hello penny,

i'll express my interest to move to melb for eastern, only 1 small problem not a f/a with eastern, do u think that will be a hinderance????...

:D

penny_benjamin
26th Jun 2002, 07:58
At least I know my Kahlua supply is safe from you Biscuit Chucker!!!

Well...October is when EAA are moving on in down south and I for one am looking forward to it.

:D :D :D

cloud nine
26th Jun 2002, 10:11
Penny B,

Does this mean that you are thinking about leaving us in Sydney? I too am thinking about it, Melbourne would be nice for a change. :)

penny_benjamin
26th Jun 2002, 11:02
Better hide the Minties...the cowboy might be riding into town!!!
:D :D :D

jayne
26th Jun 2002, 13:54
I would rethink moving to Melbourne over Sydney if I were you. Just spent 6 months down there and it was miserable. The weather is rediculous. Say goodbye to your tan (if you have one) and be prepared to pack on some kilos as you are forced by the crap weather to stay indoors. Don't mean to offend any melbournites. It is a lovely city but crap weather. The most miserable 6 months of my life.......just a warning.

ditzyboy
27th Jun 2002, 04:44
Jayne jayne jayne..... You sound as if the whole move to the big M was a bad thing. Surely it couldn't have been all that bad! Well you could have come to SYD you know. See you around the traps in OOL soon! Come join us pooslide Monday at the Radisson for some beverages. Just you make sure it's sunny - or watch out, sister!

penny_benjamin
28th Jun 2002, 00:09
Biscuit Chucker is correct...given the fact that I moved to Sydney for this "glamourous"(NOT!!!) position and spent 25years of my life in Melb...I'm pretty excited about returning.
Sure, on average, the weather may be more appealing in Sydney, but that doesn't make up for family and friends. Who cares whether the sun don't shine.
pb :p :D :p

penny_benjamin
30th Jun 2002, 11:03
Seen as ur non-attempt to assist my Kahlua abuse...I must fast-track my application to Melb base in the hope that there will be a sufficient replacement for you
You are the weakest drinking partner
GOOD BYE!

cabinboy
7th Jul 2002, 03:52
Nick,

Did you ever hear back from Southern regarding this position ?

nickmelb
7th Jul 2002, 04:51
cabinboy

no i did not hear back from southern/eastern at all...although currently im in wellington on a 3 day break..they may have called but i doubt it!

i think they are doing interviews in melb this week!

good luck to anyone that got a 2nd interview!

(i await my fate from qatar)

nick!

ps-its freezing here in NZ!