PDA

View Full Version : Rusty and need to read up on my general knowledge.

Caliastros
19th Jul 2015, 12:12
Hi all.
As the title suggests, I feel rusty and feel the need to brush up on my knowledge. As many other people I have spoken to, this is not unusual. I have been looking for a job now for about 10 months, and not finding anything as of yet.
During this time, I have also been working full time, so there has not been too much reading / reviewing done. Do any of you have any suggestions on certain books, videos or podcasts that I could check out to brush up?

One thing I do not want to do is the ATPL test prep, as that is not really giving me anything, now that I am done with all my training.

And if you were wondering, EASA CPL-H.

Thanks guys!

Transsonic2000
22nd Jul 2015, 23:32
The FAA (Federal Aviation Administration - US) provides some nice reading material on their website, including a free PDF download called "Helicopter Flying Handbook" (see link below).

http://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/aviation/helicopter_flying_handbook/

Which is also available as a paperback version at Amazon:

Rotorcraft Flying Handbook (FAA-H-8083-21): U. S. Department of Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration: 9781490446691: Amazon.com: Books

Additionally I can recommend the following books, however they aren't specifically tailored to helicopter flying, but certainly very useful and interesting to any aviator.

Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge: FAA-H-8083-25A (FAA Handbooks series): Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)/Aviation Supplies & Academics (ASA): 9781619540200: Amazon.com: Books

Instrument Procedures Handbook: FAA-H-8083-16 (FAA Handbooks series): Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)/Aviation Supplies & Academics (ASA): 9781619541856: Amazon.com: Books

The above books are also available as a free download at the FAA website - see following link:

Handbooks & Manuals (http://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/)

Always happy landings :ok:

Genghis the Engineer
23rd Jul 2015, 07:17
Cyclic and Collective?

Cyclic and Collective: Amazon.co.uk: Shawn Coyle: 9780557090662: Books

Helicopter Pilots Companion?

The Helicopter Pilot's Companion: A Manual for Helicopter Enthusiasts: Amazon.co.uk: Helen Krasner: 9781847970497: Books

G