PDA

View Full Version : EK Financial Gurus/Profit Share/Resignation Timing

Dropp the Pilot
7th Jul 2015, 14:18
Two questions:

-In the past, have half-yearly results enabled one to make a good prediction as to the likelihood of profit share being paid out?
-What precise resignation date should one choose to ensure getting any profit share on your last day in-country? This choice is complicated by the fact that the money has always been paid on the May payslip but the letter of the law says that it is paid with June pay...

SOPS
7th Jul 2015, 14:26
For me, Dropp, I took the position that I could not give a fcuk. So resigned without bonus in thought.

But I think you have to be employed, or in your 3 month resignation period to get the bonus.

However, I am ready to be corrected.

logan
7th Jul 2015, 22:00
I left EK a few years ago after 4 years in the company. It was written in a manual (can't remember which one now) who is entitled to get the bonus even if you have your notice in. I planned mine around that added a week and no worries. Also for those leaving before doing 5 years service its a good idea resign after your join date anniversary (if you can) because a completed year helps your end of service benefits.

PPRuNeUser0215
8th Jul 2015, 09:36
If you joined after 2009, the 5/7 years for the provident do not start when you joined EK but when you joined the scheme a few months later.
So check before handing your notice.