PDA

View Full Version : EK attrition rate

drop kick
7th Jul 2015, 08:32
I am well aware of why but when I checked the seniority list I noticed I have moved some 14 places within the last 5 weeks. I am within the top 500 and it doesn't normally move that much, taking account of the fact that this is most likely a group that are here for the long term.
One can only imagine what is happening further down the list. This recent movement will not have been influenced yet by the pay rise := or the new rostering system:yuk:
Interesting times ahead:=:=

BigGeordie
7th Jul 2015, 09:03
There is no recruitment and retention problem. The management says so and they never lie.

Move along, nothing to see.:hmm:

Payscale
7th Jul 2015, 09:32
10 slots in 60 days. Top 10th of the list.:bored:

VLS with ice
7th Jul 2015, 11:10
Moved up +/- 300 spots in 12 years.
In the first 6 months of this year 141 pilots joined. Even if nobody had left, it would be well below the required nr in 6 months.
Nobody has left....or is leaving....right?

SOPS
7th Jul 2015, 11:50
Within half an hours driving radius from my house, I can visit 4 senior ex Ek Captains that have arrived home in the last 2 months. 5, if I count myself.

Payscale
7th Jul 2015, 12:34
Me too but I live in DSO ;-)

nakbin330
7th Jul 2015, 12:40
I'm approx 600 above halfway and 20 have left ahead of me since 1st June ... 2015.

SOPS
7th Jul 2015, 13:00
I will pay that, Payscale.:ok:

pilotfs
7th Jul 2015, 18:09
I moved up 13 numbers in 1 month and I just reached the top third of the seniority list...

TangoUniform
7th Jul 2015, 21:26
As was stated in wash up last week, it is the pilots' fault we are falling behind in recruitment. That is, if we all stop complaining on pprune we would have no problem recruiting pilots.......I kid you not. :rolleyes:

Desdihold
7th Jul 2015, 21:30
I had the same line spouted by an office person this week.
The same person also stated that the company does not receive feedback from the pilots when surveys are run, as a result the company doesn't know what we want because we don't talk to them.

The LCC European cancer is eating its way through EK...

WhiteFly
8th Jul 2015, 04:26
I have gone up about 400 numbers in 4,5 years.. now its too early for me to do math :) Dont think its a crazy attrition rate as we all hope....

On the positive side upgrades on the fatbus are on fire with more than 3 courses per month... Even passed the 777 on how fast u get your upgrade!

Its just pure luck which fleet you are on...

ruserious
8th Jul 2015, 06:05
yep, my acronym for management is SOFF
It's always Some Other Fer's Fault
Accountability, responsibility, you are having a laugh

bigdaviet
8th Jul 2015, 07:31
If they think that potential new joiners are basing their entire career decision on internet forums then they're even more stupid than we thought.

The real damage will be done when people call up their friends/friends of friends to get a proper balanced view of how things are here.

Kapitanleutnant
8th Jul 2015, 07:34
Rather fascinating that several in the company are spouting Pprune as the reason for the pilot shortage at EK. I too heard the same thing from an office staff individual.

My guess is this: They (mgt/office staff) must have been told/given word to "blame Pprune" as this is the 3rd or th time I've heard this. So it seems this is the latest actions by EK.

As always… it's always someone else's fault.

Are they really this blind that they can't figure out what the actual issues are for flight crew??? Good grief….

K

GoreTex
8th Jul 2015, 07:52
a 45 year old 380 captain left emirates to fly biz jets, he said he rather has a 75% pay cut than staying any longer, that shows how bad it is in emirates now

SOPS
8th Jul 2015, 08:11
If they spent less time at Costa and mote time working, they might actually work out that happy pilots are the best recruiting tool. Then they might sit down and actually work out why the pilots are unhappy.
But then, you would have to take some responsibility and have some accountability.......it's never going to happen.

uba737
8th Jul 2015, 08:17
I dont understand why anyone is surprised at their attitude! This is the way they run the company, always passing the buck and always blaming someone else for their mistakes! As long as we have this management team in place, it is never going to change.

gardenshed
8th Jul 2015, 08:25
Think their problems are about to compounded with this article from Bayut.
Nothing new but shows us that a further reduction in our already limited spending power.
Any thoughts on EK raising the Salary to compensate :}

VAT laws to be introduced in Q3, 2015Friday, July 03, 2015VAT laws to be introduced in Q3, 2015 The United Arab Emirates is seeking to augment state revenues and in order to do so, it is trying to complete the drafting of laws introducing corporate tax along with value-added tax in the third quarter of this year.

Ministry of Finance Under-Secretary Younis Haji Al Khouri said, “The draft of the corporate tax law and the value-added tax law has been discussed with the local and federal governments.”

He added that drafting was expected to be finished within the third quarter of the current year. However, it has been reported that the authorities are still evaluating the social and economic impact of the laws.

Al Khouri declined to comment on the precise date from when the new regulations were expected to take effect. He also refused to comment on the proposed tax rates.

The introduction of corporate tax and VAT in the UAE could prove to be a major shift in policy, and politically sensitive.

In the past that VAT was unlikely to be introduced before other countries adopted it, as the competitiveness of the UAE was in danger of being hurt and there could have been a surge in smuggling across borders.

Per a ministry report, the UAE cabinet has already approved versions of the two draft bills.

falconeasydriver
8th Jul 2015, 09:48
Until the attitude from those that matter actually changes, nothing else will change.
"Everyone wants to work at EK" is the oft trotted line that seems to resonate from those at high levels, so it must be true.
As an observation, a culture that is resistant to self criticism and honesty will find it exceptionally difficult to admit mistakes and errors of judgement. And that is the primary reason why nothing will change.

BTW, 23C here today, just got back from taking the kids fishing, beer and BBQ..hope the summer/Ramadan isn't too painful my ex EK chums :ok:

Kapitanleutnant
8th Jul 2015, 10:03
Falcon…

Didn't know you had departed the fix!!

Good on ya!

Out altogether or just on to another gig with different paint scheme?

Kap

falconeasydriver
8th Jul 2015, 10:16
Kap

3 weeks on 3 weeks off.......

A boss who entrusts me with his and his families lives.....

A machine with a blue stripe the numbers 650 and ending in stream...

The wife's sanity has returned on the road along with not being surrounded by affected ladies called "Jane" and neighbours comparing boob/lip jobs...

I should add, non sandpit based, non religion of peace and happiness related, non "not wanting" nationality involved, and best of all yearly average temperature is 21C.

:ok:

GoreTex
8th Jul 2015, 10:21
congrats falcon, sounds like a good job

SOPS
8th Jul 2015, 10:37
Well done Falcon:ok:

Kapitanleutnant
8th Jul 2015, 13:41
Bravo Falcon…

Always glad to hear of a successful "escape" from here!

K

fliion
8th Jul 2015, 14:33
I have to chuckle at the comedic irony of the 'Costa Brigade'

At one table they're lamenting pprune at the other table the suavee ad people are placing their banner recruitment ad on this exact page!

Karma.

f.

SOPS
8th Jul 2015, 14:35
As Falcon knows, once you have escaped, you will wonder why you did not do it sooner.

Fire on. Dogs happy, drinking wine with my darling wife.:ok:

Dropp the Pilot
8th Jul 2015, 14:49
At least two of those parties must be annoyed at the amount of time you waste monitoring the splenetic drivel we post here.

Detach, man.

Your absence will be more emphatic proof of your happiness.

Juan Heych
8th Jul 2015, 14:59
I enjoy your posts, SOPs. Keep it up, alstublieft, mate!

alwayzinit
8th Jul 2015, 19:52
Dropp, I'm not sure what particular axe you have to grind about SOPS posting on this public forum.
He is an ex "sandpitter" and as such is more than entitled to comment.
His obvious happiness at being away and free from Dubai is great to know and shows that there is life and light outside, if you want to exercise one's right to resign.
Just saying...............

Am NOT Sure
8th Jul 2015, 20:05
Dropp

I confess I am jealous of SOP too. But I like his posts and I would do the same ( browsing website on my iPad while downing beer)

Not even 30 and longing for retirement

SOPS
9th Jul 2015, 14:10
Sorry Dropp, I did not realise it was a requirement to be a current EK pilot to post on here. What I enjoy each afternoon is to walk the dogs around 4pm, at the moment light the fire about 5.30, open a bottle of wine, cut some cheese, sit with my my lovely wife and surf the boards.

I am enjoying life ex EK, but I assummed there was no forum rules that prevented me from posting:ok:

JAARule
9th Jul 2015, 14:15
Good for you, SOPS. Posting on these topics from your position of retirement with the clarity it brings is a welcome addition to the views of those still banged up here. Ignore the knobs and keep on posting.....

Basic Service
10th Jul 2015, 08:03
Sops

Your reasons for posting are exactly what I imagined... I mean, you have time now right? That and the fact you are not sat drooling half asleep at your computer between early /late transitions......Lets face it guys and galls, we are jealous.. those of us here that still have a while to go are wishing it was us. If I might offer a word of understanding for Dropp's post, I don't think anyone really minds the fact you enjoy participating, but I think those posts about how lovely the fire /wife / dogs and wine is are torture for us you swine!

my salami
10th Jul 2015, 09:03
Back to the topic, the last guy on seniority list as of Jan 1st, has moved up 80 slots....
Do the math...

M.S.

bringbackthe80s
10th Jul 2015, 09:07
Sorry guys but if someone retires...well he retires. Of course he'll have plenty of time doing whatever he pleases, including pprune, and I don't see anything wrong with that. Retirement is retirement in any profession, end of.

What I don't understand though is what does this have to do with anything...if you are the average 35/40 years old you' ll have to work my friend and I am afraid nothwistanding everything, there are not many good options these days..one way or another any airline will make darn sure you work for the money and that is that. No nirvana out there believe me.

greybeard
10th Jul 2015, 12:59
Good onya SOPS.

Those that throw "stones" are wishing they were with you.

Anyone who did the 24 years OS in many places can I feel have a say, the trick is for the others to get out or get on.

Retirement is good for the sole, I also walk the dogs at 1600, they know the time better than me, feed the 'roos and cockies who choose to eat at our fence, Men's Shed, drive a steam train at weekends, do a little cruising on ships, weeks at Dunsborough once in a while.

You and I had the better times in the industry, such a sad place these days.

We need that lunch with the other retiree

SOPS
10th Jul 2015, 14:35
Agreed Greybeard. I was privileged to fly with you in my early years. You taught me many things. As you know, I did 24 years OS, 20 of those without my family. So I am making up for lost time.

The funniest thing now is if even produce a suitcase, I get a look from the dogs saying.....if you think you are leaving here with your legs intact, think again...

We must have lunch with the three of us shortly...

No air too ruff....

Neptune Spear
10th Jul 2015, 16:36
Wait until August when a lot of pilots will resign, not retire. That would be 3 months after they shafted us and I know some pilots are just waiting until then. Some are leaving without jobs to go to. Telling isn't it? One has to be truly desperate to join Emirates at this point.

fatbus
10th Jul 2015, 17:19
You won't see a Hugh increase of pilots leaving in Aug, most already know the process and don't wait until May to give notice. Some one said @ 150 this past year. I moved up 7 , @ 500 position . It makes no difference to me how many leave and believe the company is the same way, they don't care.

flareflyer
13th Jul 2015, 09:13
They dont care but training has been reduced a lot.
According to some trainers from september they will work only part time in training dut to lack of trainees.......
And upgrades have been reduced........
And new aircraft keep arriving........

CaptainChipotle
13th Jul 2015, 14:50
But the new aircraft are SO shiny!

flareflyer
13th Jul 2015, 15:13
:}:}:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Panther 88
13th Jul 2015, 22:33
Flare, Upgrades have ticked way up, at least of the JohnDeere. With an attrition rate of over 5% on that fleet, replacements have to be found. Many of the 5% are skippers. And that is the reason the hours for firsts have again moved over the 90+ hour mark. Again on the JD.

And everyone can fly to 99:59 now that the artificial productivity cap has blown off. Of course with 85 and 88 hours being the new cap, everyone should be happy with that "pay raise" and hiring can work itself out for the next six months. See how simple it is........"pay raise", upgrades, new destinations. What's not to love?