PDA

View Full Version : [A320]Maintenance Message Air Bleed

Frolic
5th Jul 2015, 06:02
Hi,
I am quite new on the A320 and still I try to understand some maintenance messages an actions.

Recently we got Maintenance Message Air Bleed. And sure: Outside temperature was 35°C.

What maintenance has to do is doing a bite test for BMC1&2.
BMC1 reported: Electrical Test ok, but once the test was finished we got ENG2 Bleed FAULT and ECAM: AIR WING LEAK R.
BMC2 reported: Failure R WING LOOP B

The AIR WING LEAK R message disappeared when maintenance reset the ENG2 Bleed pb.

But nobody could really tell me if that was an actual warning, or just triggered by the bite test... And why it is triggered.

If there is over temperature in the wing due to hot outside temperature, would that trigger an ECAM message alone or just the maintenance message?

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Frolic

chimbu warrior
5th Jul 2015, 06:32
Depending on the MSN of your aircraft, this may have been a false alarm caused by the sun heating the slats.

The FCOM reference to this is PRO-NOR-SOP-21 (in the version that I have access to), and states "....On ground, hot weather conditions may cause overheating to be detected around the bleed ducts in the wings, resulting in “AIR L (R) WING LEAK” warnings. Such warnings may be avoided during transit by keeping the slats in Configuration 1 when the OAT is above 30 °C..."

Frolic
5th Jul 2015, 11:42
Ok. That's understood.

But would in that case the warning come right away, or after AIR BLEED Mx Message and than after the BMC test.... ?