PDA

View Full Version : CTC Assessment - Advice

Byrne11
4th Jul 2015, 13:17
I've looked through numerous posts and cant find what I'm looking for.

I'm doing the CTC assessment next week and need some advice, i have previously done the Oxford one and passed. I'm wondering what is the differences? also, How sensitive is the joystick in CTC's joystick assessments? Thats what I'm most concerned about.

Also what to expect in general

I know the risks I'm taking etc, incase someone gives me a lecture on why not to go to CTC.

Advice greatly appreciated.

BittenEdges
5th Jul 2015, 11:55
Hi Bryne11,

I did mine for an airline tagged fATPL scheme 3 and a bit years ago and I don't think too much has changed.

You arrive (10 mins early, whatever you do don't be late) and are shown into the reception hall at Dibden Manor. When the time comes you all go into a big boardroom with a long table and sit down to be talked through a presentation about your particular course. You have the opportunity to ask questions at this point and from my experience all were answered honestly.

There were 12 people at my selection day so they split us into two groups for the morning session, half went to do PILAPT first and the other half went to do the group exercise first. From memory the joystick was fine, not overly sensitive. There is free fresh coffee in the main room, my tip? Don't overdo this, I needed the loo within the first two minutes of the test which was quite uncomfortable!

After the morning session you have lunch, cadets stay at the manor for AQC so grab some for a chat, they'll be happy to give you a talk about the rest of the course.

At our day 6 didn't cut the mustard in the group/PILAPT tests so went home before the interview, I believe now ALL get the interview so when you get feedback you can get some used l interview feedback. Interview took about an hour then went home about 6pm (I was last in) so whole day took about 9 hours. Enjoy the manor grounds, beautiful in summer!

Cheers!

byrondaf
9th Jul 2015, 09:11
CTC Assessment - Advice
I've looked through numerous posts and cant find what I'm looking for.

I'm doing the CTC assessment next week and need some advice, i have previously done the Oxford one and passed. I'm wondering what is the differences? also, How sensitive is the joystick in CTC's joystick assessments? Thats what I'm most concerned about.

Also what to expect in general

I know the risks I'm taking etc, incase someone gives me a lecture on why not to go to CTC.

Advice greatly appreciated.

If you can do the oxford one you should have no problem with CTC. I did both and if you've got the aptitude you'll be fine. Possibly a bit harder, but majority of people fail the maths part not the PILAPT. Joystick for CTC is much better than OAA in my opinion!

Previous post was quite accurate, just they don't interview everyone. If you don't make the grade on PILAPT or group exercises, then you will be sent home after lunch. there is plenty of stuff on the assessment if you search the forum...

Just added info on the hold pool, probably the bit you're most interested in. I finished AQC, 10 days later got my AQC results, following day email to say I was in the pool, day after that invite to airline assessment...good luck!

FlyVeryHigh-
9th Jul 2015, 13:15
Did mine for an airline scheme towards the end of 2014 there.

As described, turn up in the morning, presentation and some questions. Split into groups. Some went off to do the group work first whilst others went to do the pilapt first.

Group works fine; just make sure you shine, and bring others in who are a little reserved, but don't dominate or cut people off etc.

Pilapt isn't that difficult, although some people on my day really struggled with elements of it. As stated, if you've got the aptitude you'll be fine. Maths questions are fairly easy, just require quick thinking to get them correct.

CTC now bring everyone to the interview stage as they feel it gives the candidate a better overall view of their performance, so no one gets sent home half way through anymore.