PDA

View Full Version : QF recuitment

nickmelb
13th Jun 2002, 05:38
hey boys and girls.

hope everyone is gng well in quest for a position with an airline!

A mate of mine today mentioned to me to keep an eye out on this weekends paper...he said that QF are looking to recuit? Is this just a rumour? can anyone say?

thanks

nick

cabinboy
13th Jun 2002, 07:43
haven't heard anything nick, but it would be good news for you if it was true eh ? :)

FloatJockey
13th Jun 2002, 08:41
I don't know about QANTAS advertising any position in the newspaper. I'll buy the SMH Friday/Sat and we'll see if anything comes out! Hopefully somebody will post something about this.

I am currently reading very interesting stuff I received from KSD333 about QANTAS and how to apply. It seems in 1998 they required their applicants to send a postcard instead of a resume!! Some good tricks there to share... More to be written as soon as I finish the chapter! :D

Mrs. FloatJockey
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
p.s. for Nick: I return your call as soon as I have a good 30 minutes to chat! In the next few days I've to start packing and join hubby up North! He finally got a job! Can't write too much about that yet 'cause he is on probation...
Get well soon sweety!

flying_fox
13th Jun 2002, 12:13
All QF Domestic FA's received a memo from the FAAA (probably about a month ago now) basically stating that the company has agreed to employ 250 FA's. I no longer have the memo - but from memory these were to be permanent full time positions. I guess the employment will be gradual (spread out over 16-12 months) after the traditional mass recruitment process! I would imagine that they would be advertising VERY soon. Keep checking the papers, the QF website and here. You're bound to find out the interview dates soon.

Good luck everybody - one of those positions are for you!

Bye for now, Flying Fox :)

cloud nine
13th Jun 2002, 12:39
My belief is that recruitment will take place externally at the end of this year or early next year. I heard that it may be Perth based.

Natalia
13th Jun 2002, 13:17
Good on you for getting throught to the next stage of the Australian Airlines interview, i had my interview on the Gold Coast and im sorry to say was unsuccessful. If memory serves me write, their were only 160 positions and around 6000 applicants, dont let this put you off. Just keep your chin up, you will be fine. So when is your interview? i wish you all the best, dont forget to let us know when your next interview is, so we can say pray for you on this big day. I hope all goes well, let us know how you went. All the best. Nat

nickmelb
13th Jun 2002, 13:40
floaty!

its cool call when u can.....off to hobart for about 1 week for work...then sydney and then wellington for a quick weekend getaway.....good luck with AA....im sure u will be fine u have loads of experience with these interviews!!!!! remember emirates! heheheheh :cool:

well possibly some good news for those of us trying to get into QF....guess we just have to sit tight..

keep the comments coming anyone that hears anything!

nickers
:)

ps-natalia sorry to hear u didnt make the 'cut' keep on trying! it will happen one day!!

Evacu8
14th Jun 2002, 08:47
Heard yesterday from Line Management that QF Longhaul will be recruiting for the Perth Base, permanent full-time early Sept.

Advertising in the West Australian late August, approx 50 positions available, due to the reintroduction of the 747 on the PER-SIN-FCO/ CDG route. But the Perth base crew will only do the PER-SIN sectors, not the Europe sectors. All interviews will be in Perth.

Keep your eyes in the West Australian.

I believe it will be the usual 'phone-line' registration for interviews - as it was for the last couple of recruitments , and the Aussie recruitment.

Hope this helps !! :)

stewardess007
14th Jun 2002, 11:37
Evacuate I love you! You have told me exactly what I wanted to hear. For those who were unsuccessful with AA don't be disheartened. They will recruit in five months time, asian focus will not be as strong as new routs will be leisure destination ie *****et and Bali, will also include new base which is still to be decided- SYD<BNE<MEL.

vdd
15th Jun 2002, 04:27
Hello

I'm not sure if there is any truth in this, but I heard that QF Melbourne base will most likely be expanding in the very near future.

Evacu8 or another QF employee might know a bit more.....

Cheers and good luck to all currently in the interview process!
:) :D :) :p

stewardess007
15th Jun 2002, 06:00
That is true , Internal QF Applicants, externals from last junes recruitment and Southern FA's have been contacted over the last week and offered full time MEL positions with ground schools starting as soon as the 27th. External recruitment may not happen for a while.

DoorL1
17th Jun 2002, 09:31
There are currently 4 classes of new recruits in the Training School. Due online for training 1st July.

vdd
28th Jun 2002, 10:34
Hey there,

Thought I'd revive this one to see if there is any more news on QF recruitment.

Anyone heard anything new?

Cheers:D ;)